Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

fsipanel standard v advanced edition advise please

Hi everyone

I am thinking of buying this- seems to have great reviews.

Can you please advise other than the failures option in advanced version, it it worth the price difference.

I am a fun simmer and i am looking for something to set up landings...I have fs-flightcontrol....unfortunately this does not load the plane in preconfigured states, especially the Fenix 320.

looking forward to your advise.

Qas

2 hours ago, rwy12 said:

I am a fun simmer

Sounds like the Standard version is the one for you.

One huge benefit is that there is a very reasonable upgrade path between the two versions.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I bought standard edition for the Fenix and recently upgraded to Advanced edition to play the training scenarios.

As said above, you just pay the difference to upgrade, a good deal.

I wasn't interested in the training scenarios so opted for the Standard version. If I change my mind the upgrade is always there. I think at one time the dev discounted the upgrade price, might have been Christmas but maybe at other times, too.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Any idea how much the upgrade is...I cannot see any mention on their Web.

Qas

4 hours ago, rwy12 said:

Any idea how much the upgrade is...I cannot see any mention on their Web.

It's the difference between the two products. So, $20.
You can choose to upgrade in the program via through the License tab on the Setup page.

Honestly, stop worrying about the advanced version. Get the standard licence to see if you even like the program first.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Honestly, stop worrying about the advanced version. Get the standard licence to see if you even like the program first.

I can guarantee that you will like this addon, particularly, if like me, you simming time is short. The ability to setup and fly approaches at any airport of your choice within around 2 minutes of launching the programme is unbeatable.  You can also hunt down and fly approaches based upon your weather preferences. 

• Like 1

hi everyone

many thanks for the suggestions- i bought the advanced programme-Up grade would cost about 20 uk pounds....buying now was about 14.

I agree its an ideal  great programme for setting up landings for people with limited pc time. However i already have noted few issues.

I only fly the Fenix a320- fsipanel always gives the same landing speed of 145...irrespective of weight and fuel .

also I do not have the option to update my airports.

I have put a message on their forum-hopefully I will get some help.

I am not sure if its me or the programme needs fine tuning.

overall I agree its a good programme .

qas 

1 hour ago, rwy12 said:

I only fly the Fenix a320- fsipanel always gives the same landing speed of 145...irrespective of weight and fuel

Have you followed the guidance in section 4.2.7. on page 25 of the manual?
Are both your Fenix and the FSiPanel program set to use the same mass units (kg or lbs)?

1 hour ago, rwy12 said:

Have you followed the guidance in section 4.2.3. on page 21 of the manual?
Is your antivirus set to allow exceptions to your flight sim folders?

2 hours ago, rwy12 said:

hi everyone

many thanks for the suggestions- i bought the advanced programme-Up grade would cost about 20 uk pounds....buying now was about 14.

I agree its an ideal  great programme for setting up landings for people with limited pc time. However i already have noted few issues.

I only fly the Fenix a320- fsipanel always gives the same landing speed of 145...irrespective of weight and fuel .

I have put a message on their forum-hopefully I will get some help.

I am not sure if its me or the programme needs fine tuning.

overall I agree its a good programme .

qas 

navigraph data manager loads Fsi Panel with up to date data. The speed is always 145 knots

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

The weight units are set to same and anti virus allowed. 

I think these 2 are not the reasons for the fixed speed of 145...I think the programme has its limitations and the owner has not managed to sort it. 

It will be interesting to hear from pmdg users....what speed do they get.

Qas 

I think the 145 speed is a starting point. Once you fly, the MCDU sets app speed

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

12 hours ago, rwy12 said:

The weight units are set to same and anti virus allowed. 

I think these 2 are not the reasons for the fixed speed of 145...I think the programme has its limitations and the owner has not managed to sort it. 

It will be interesting to hear from pmdg users....what speed do they get.

Qas 

I fixed that issue by the option set managed speed for the Fenix A320.

The speed is now correct as per the MCDU.

7 minutes ago, Charles737 said:

I fixed that issue by the option set managed speed for the Fenix A320.

The speed is now correct as per the MCDU.

with this we still put 145 in speed window-the mcdu will automatically just to correct landing speed. I will do it-great if it works for me.