Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Payware Stansted (EGSS)?

Is there a decent Stansted airport available for this sim? I have been rooting around and am astonished that I can't find one. All the obscure airports released in places that no one has heard of and yet not a single one of Stansted? I must be missing it, surely? It's the UK's Second busiest airport these days. Ryanair fly 400 million billion flights a day out of there (adjust figures for hyperbole)

I have tried one from flightsim.to that would be ok if not for the appaling and comical elevation issues it has. The aprons are unusuable as some of them have a nose down attitude of 45 degrees and no, that actually isn't hyperbole, it's the truth. The stopping point is down what can only be describe as a trench and with the nose down that low and the rear gear at a sensible height my 737 was parked at the gate with it's back end in the air as though it was making a "film" of ill repute. And the taxiways require a Land Rover rather than a 737. It's comically unusable. It also has far too many static Ryanairs and the clutter around the airport is also ridiculous in areas.

Is there really no Stansted available for this sim?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

30 minutes ago, Jazz said:

have tried one from flightsim.to that would be ok if not for the appaling and comical elevation issues it has. The aprons are unusuable as some of them have a nose down attitude of 45 degrees and no, that actually isn't hyperbole, it's the truth. The stopping point is down what can only be describe as a trench and with the nose down that low and the rear gear at a sensible height my 737 was parked at the gate with it's back end in the air as though it was making a "film" of ill repute. And the taxiways require a Land Rover rather than a 737. It's comically unusable. It also has far too many static Ryanairs and the clutter around the airport is also ridiculous in area

Indeed.  Quite unfortunate as he has generally done a great job with the rest of the airport.  Some sections of the taxiway system would be dangerous if you had crash detection turned on

My comment refered to flightsim. to and you mentioned that, so my comment is useless.

Edited by hansb57
useless

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

I swear I thought I saw an addon dev making one but I can't find it now so maybe getting mixed up with East Midlands being made. But I do agree a decent Stanstead would be good to have.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

40 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Is there a decent Stansted airport available for this sim? I have been rooting around and am astonished that I can't find one. All the obscure airports released in places that no one has heard of and yet not a single one of Stansted? I must be missing it, surely? It's the UK's Second busiest airport these days. Ryanair fly 400 million billion flights a day out of there (adjust figures for hyperbole)

I have tried one from flightsim.to that would be ok if not for the appaling and comical elevation issues it has. The aprons are unusuable as some of them have a nose down attitude of 45 degrees and no, that actually isn't hyperbole, it's the truth. The stopping point is down what can only be describe as a trench and with the nose down that low and the rear gear at a sensible height my 737 was parked at the gate with it's back end in the air as though it was making a "film" of ill repute. And the taxiways require a Land Rover rather than a 737. It's comically unusable. It also has far too many static Ryanairs and the clutter around the airport is also ridiculous in areas.

Is there really no Stansted available for this sim?

One of the top payware groups is planning one, I forget who, but patience might be the ticket.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Just now, Zangoose said:

I swear I thought I saw an addon dev making one but I can't find it now so maybe getting mixed up with East Midlands being made. 

This dev mentioned Stansted after East Midlands.

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

1 minute ago, hansb57 said:

That is the one that has the comedy elevation issues. However someone has posted a correction to those issues in the comments and on first look it seems to have fixed the problem. However, I do still have issues with the clutter and static aircraft.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

For the amount of UK airports that came in P3D, I am surprised not as many devs have jumped on them in MSFS. UK2000 seem to have moved over to unique airports in the US such as the space terminal. Pyreegue is outstanding on their delivery of both quality and value for money. Its a true shame about whats happening in their/his country.