Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

2 good, 2 bad

This one is about aircraft liveries. Post two liveries you love and to you hate.

Good number 1

Love.......

1st is the British Airways Landor. This is the absolute world number 1 most perfect and beautiful livery ever created. There will be no challenge to this nor discussion about it. It's unquestionable and you will accept this as fact, ok? 🤣

46489123345_60d9ccac80_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&

Good number 2

The Britannia livery. This looked great on a 757 and I still love it to this day.

Now for a couple of munters

Bad 1

Wizz Air. There is absolutely no excuse for this gaudy nauseating monstrosity. It's disgusting in every possible way and if I had my way the thing would be banned from British airspace until it knew how to dress appropriately. Grotesque😆

Modernity is intolerable sometimes.

Wizz Air safety and health measures from May 1st

Bad 2

Norwegian

Yes, I get it. It's the flag, but surely they could have done better than this. The worst thing about these is the tails. Bad idea and it just looks tacky to me and every time I see one, rather than take an interest about who it is in these washed-out creepy portrayals, I actually just want the thing to go away. They look like flying headstones to me.

Evey Bee: London to Copenhagen with Norwegian Air

I could actually do this good and bad thing for hundreds of liveries but that would be the deranged ramblings of a plane spotter and would rather take the fun out of the thread so have at it and have some fun with it.

Edited by charliearon
copyright pics

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

6 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I quite like the Wizz Air livery

It would look far better in a scrapyard😉

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I gather you don't take a wizz at all... 🥴

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

54 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Hey!  I,P. Freely!  Urination!  That's what Israel was told in 1947! 🙃

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

My favorite livery on my favorite aircraft:

Those who are responsible for this livery should be put behind bars:

Edited by charliearon
copyright pics

7 hours ago, Mike A said:

My favorite livery on my favorite aircraft:

Yes, I have always had a soft-spot for liveries of the 70's. The other night I was looking at the old orange Braniff 747. I supect that was a love or hate livery for many.

7 hours ago, Mike A said:

Those who are responsible for this livery should be put behind bars:

Oh yes, I thought a similar thing when I first saw it. Look at it. Just look at it. Someone got paid for that piece of lazy, sloppy, ugly "design". Makes the beautiful 757 look like some sort of legless lizard.

9 hours ago, n4gix said:

Taking the wizz out of it is exactly what I'm doing😉

@Mike A  The PSA grinning bird 727 was my first commercial flight from KSFO to KLAX for $13.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

The PSA grinning bird 727 was my first commercial flight from KSFO to KLAX for $13.

When I was a kid, my parents & I, after visiting relatives in San Jose, took off from there for Los Angeles to go to Disneyland.  The price was $17 then, which my father paid with cash, no reserved seats, and we walked out to the plane and entered through the rear airstair.  Can you imagine that today, paying cash for a ticket, just walk right out there on the tarmac, no security, get on the plane and find yourself a seat?  Those were different times 🤔

P.S. Another thing I just remembered is at that time, PSA also had several locations in the aircraft where a row of seats faced backwards. So, if you had a group of people who were flying together, they could get in those rows and face each other, talk, play cards, etc.  At that time PSA was intra-California, so they were all relatively short flights, significant proportion of commuters.

Edited by Mike A
add P.S.
  • Like 1

Good

Come on, It's a classic. The new one took a while to grow on me but this is truely unforgettable.

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7a8d999

5925e3ffdb419b88df9f1b190d1a3e55b4e6a3a4

Understated and apt.

Most of my life I wanted to fly kangaroo and in 2016 I made it on one of their a380's. Waking up over the Indian ocean and looking out of the window to see the roo on the engine was wonderfull. Shame about the service. I still love the airline and livery.

HG03_resize.jpg?resize=1170%252C660&f=1&

Bad

It's the framing of the windows that makes this naf

air%2Bindia%2B%2525286%252529.jpg&f=1&no

If you want a ligitimate argument against communist committiee, this is it. It sucks the spirit and life out you you just to look at it.

th?id=OIP.nsuJx7QJTDT-ogwgOSxiXgHaE8%26p

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1

Good

I could see why some might not like this one but to me it's another icon from a time when America was something to admire. United and proud and leading the way. It had character and I love it.

62a54a68ea9dc577704a92e03de3f99c--aerona

Again, I can see why some would hate this and it may have been the beginning of the drab corporate liveries that have taken hold ever since. But it was still timely somehow and still iconic.

The Best Looking Liveries on a Plane... - Page 2 - Real World Aviation ...

Bad

Pathetic

FIUMICINO%252029%2520APRILE%2520206_zpsb

Ditto

Delta-Air-Lines-Boeing-737-832-N381DN-Ol

Good

Fantastic, apt, funny, brilliantly done...

33600043526_d4b2939cc7_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&

Again, inspired

Southwest Seaworld 737 | Southwest "Shamu One" for Seaworld … | Flickr

Bad

Dreadful. End of Empire stuff. BA World and Ethnic tails. Mrs Thatchers reaction to these was spot-on

CCfUd_SWgAEXlD6.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=c3291

BA-Livery.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=5d7f879a7f7

Lufthansa new livery.......this is the result of soul dead corporations

Good lord, help us. The absolute bare minimum. Shameful uninspiring dirge. We are entering the age of Cyberpunk and its as bland as tepid potato stew.

LH-new-livery.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=729c590

Come on, join in, guys😆

I was writing this post before you posted, so we must be on the same wavelength 😂

This livery is an all-time favorite of mine, the United Mainliner.  Hometown bias of mine, as United always had a major hub in San Francisco:

Clean, simple, beautiful shade of blue with a thin gold line separating white from aluminum.  Also, my first flight at 5 yrs old was on a United DC-8 from San Francisco to Chicago in 1962.

Now this one, for me, qualifies for both categories.  At first sight, it's awful!!

spacer.png

What I like about it is the wordplay on "Fliegen"  As a verb, the sentence translates "We love to fly".  As a noun, it translates as "We love flies" (hence, the fly on the tail).

Edited by charliearon
copyright pics
  • Like 1