Sign in to follow this  
Fortiesboy

Flight planner sids and stars and fmc

Using flight planner in FSX, I can’t find a way to put in sids and stars. However, I use FSCommander, and in that, you can insert sids and stars into its flight planner.

Apparently you can then save it into several things ,including FSX flight planner.

Not sure if it fully does that.

I have now found Honeywell FMC, which uses FSX flight planner!  But, I can’t see the sids and stars used in the FMC. But that could be my limited understanding of the FMC!….

Has anyone used S and S in this Honeywell FMC, if so, where can I learn to do it?

Thanks

Can't answer your question as they pertain to the Honeywell, but Little Navmap or Simbrief offer some options if you don't get an answer.

LNM offers a flight planner as part of its many features and includes Navigraph cycle 1801.  You can create a flight plan, include your SIDs and STARs and export it to FSX.pln format. 

1801 means first cycle 2018, so it's not exactly current data.

Simbrief is a free online flight planner, owned by Navigraph.  It grants free access to cycle 2103, so a bit more current.  You can create your flight plan, then export it in FSX.pln format as well as a bunch of others.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

What @airernie recommended would be the easiest way to have terminal procedures in your flight plans. But, if you want to do it the difficult way, you could manually enter the waypoints in each terminal procedures using the FSX flight planner. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks fellas, for your replies. This old brain isn’t what it was😀. Didn’t really understand from airernie how I get briefsim plans into FSX flight planner. That would be necessary because Honeywell FMC only uses FSX flight planner .

As it happens,  I can use FS Commander, and in that I can insert sids and stars into a flight plan which it says I can then save in FSX flight planner. However it seem the S and S don’t seem to get to the Honeywell fmc, and if they do I’m not sure how they are implemented.

So, to stay sane 😀, I might as well carry on  using Honeywell to get within 30 miles of destination and then use GPS for approaches .

Thanks again.  Wish I had a flight sim club in Dorset, UK for some face to face learning😁

You probably downloaded David Garrett's FMC from Avsim.  Have you gone through the .pdf that came with the download?  There is something in there on creating Sids & Stars on page 2.  I've never used it, so can't give you anymore information.

Chris

1 hour ago, Fortiesboy said:

Thanks fellas, for your replies. This old brain isn’t what it was😀. Didn’t really understand from airernie how I get briefsim plans into FSX flight planner. That would be necessary because Honeywell FMC only uses FSX flight planner .

Within in Simbrief once you create and generate your flight you click on 'Flight Plan Downloads', which is on the menu of options above your fight plan (Edit Flight, View PDF, etc.).

A list of different aircraft or utilities which can use the flight plan are displayed.  Scroll down to 'FSX/P3D' and download it.  Do not choose the 'No SID/STAR' version.  You'll have to move it to the folder than hosts your FSX flight plans on your machine.  Then use the flight planner option in FSX to load the plan.

Alternately you can get the Simbrief Downloader, which will download it and move it to the appropriate folder, but that might be a bit of overkill in you only use it occasionally.

spacer.png

Edited by airernie
  • Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

I use Simbrief.  It will almost always populate the current flight plan in use for the real world and includes the DP/STAR.  Then download the file for the sim and product you are using, if you want that too.  I only download the FSX flight plan.  I program the FMC myself, but all my flights are pretty short.

If flying in the US and perhaps Canada, I use flightaware.com to look for flight plans.  For Europe, eurofpl.eu works, but I have no idea how accurate it is. I do believe it implants SIDs and STARs though.  Navigraph is good for plates outside of the US and EFB.

For the FMC, you need to look on YouTube for some tutorials that coincide with the FMC you want to learn.  They are really pretty easy once you learn them.  At least the Honeywell FMCs are.  I haven't used the Airbus ones in a long time.  The Dash-8 and some other random flight computers are a bit unique though and do take some modified learning.

Edited by Orlaam

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired