Sign in to follow this  
planechaser

ALT-ENTER GPU crashes ( windowed to Fullscreen mode)

Hello,

Just upgraded to a 4090 and GPU working amazing (with frame generation and TAA)

However, i am starting to experience "Your graphics driver has encountered a problem and MS will exit."

After some investigating, it seems when i switch from Windowed to Fullscreen mode (using ALT-ENTER), i get this error.

Tried to downgrade to the 527.xx driver from December and seems to be happening a lot less( the same driver i was using with my 3080TI) 

The latest driver), can barely load the game without the crash.

I am using GeForce Experience overlay, but never had an issue with my 3080TI i was using just a few weeks ago.

I am not on the SU12 beta - still running the last stable version.
Running DX12 with a complete vanilla Install ( no addons in Community folder) 

Tried some different settings in NV control panel ( e.g. Vsync, power management, low latency) but does not seem to have any effect.

Anybody experiencing the same issue with the 528x drivers or maybe there is a setting that i am missing?

Thank you

Edited by planechaser
addition

I'm having the exact same issue... I also have everything up to date and running a 4090 

Same here, 3080Ti.  I get this just occasionally and at random. It has been triggered by an alt-enter sometimes, but I also had it once when just downloading updates in the marketplace! :unsure:

I try to just use the windows key now or alt-tab instead.

W11, DX11, 4k ultra, DLSS quality setting, GPU barely at 50% utilisation, temps about 65C. 

Needs solving or at least tracing to a specific cause.  I used alt-enter for 18 months no problem, with my old 1080Ti and then my 3080Ti, then this started happening about last September.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I just received my new rig yesterday. But i didn't yet experience any CTD. BUT i observed something like a change in refreshrate of the glasscockpit after hitting ALT/ENTER and back. First fluid and after alt/ent it looked like the refresh rate was cut in half. hitting alt/enter again it was back to normal.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

8 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I just received my new rig yesterday. But i didn't yet experience any CTD. BUT i observed something like a change in refreshrate of the glasscockpit after hitting ALT/ENTER and back. First fluid and after alt/ent it looked like the refresh rate was cut in half. hitting alt/enter again it was back to normal.

Unusual!  There is definitely something funky going on that never used to happen.

Like I say, it started about late September / early October last year for me (and others it seems). 

I don't get it too much though - maybe only about eight times in total up to now, and GPU wasn't getting hammered at all.  Like I say, one of them was in the marketplace.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Wondering if anybody is using the GeForce Experience Game Filters.

Seems to be an issue with them. First tried removing GFE , started up the game and no crashes whatsoever. ALT-ENTER many times and rock solid stable.

Then re-installed GFE  , re-enabled the filters and crash  

1. ALT -ENTER
2. Changing game options in General settings

However , turning the filters off before exiting the game , then starting up again . crash seems to be gone. Only re-enabling the filters when everything had loaded ( you are in the cockpit ready to go ). ALT-ENTER many times and no crash. Changed settings , no crash either.

So far so good.

I was getting crashes with the graphics card error. Reverted back to the previous nvidia driver and so far so good. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I had this happen to me once. When it did happen I did not wait for the sim to load all the way to the MSFS menu, ever since then, as long as I wait til the menu loads before I press ALT + ENT, it works fine. 

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc