Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

FSX MCP and GPS headings differ by 2 degrees

Hi all,I have been running FSX for about a year. Over the last 2 months, I've noticed that the heading set in the MCP of any default jet (CRJ, 747, 737, to name a few) is drifting from the heading shown in the FSX default GPS. Right now, I have to add 2 degrees to the MCP heading to stay on the GPS flight plan. This occurs with the autopilot on or off. Is this a known bug, or is there any fix for it?Thanks!Dell Dimension 8400, P4 3GHz, 2GB RAM, ATI 7950 w/256MB, 1TB disk, Saitek AV8R, FSX w/SP1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You could be flying through a cross wind in which case the autopilot will turn into the wind to compensate. It's usually a couple of degrees.Mike.

No - I've experienced this as well. Tracking a VOR or just flying under GPS NAV, the HSI indicates on-course, while a look at the GPS unit shows the aircraft diverging from the indicated track (the pink line). jt

I suspect that the GPS uses True North so it will differ by some amount depending where you are flying in the world( there is a differece between true and magnetic north abt 11 deg here in Aus at moment ), also if gyro drift is enabled the heading indicator may drift a bit off of the compass heading, thats real life stuff I think, if you use FSC 8 it gives you both in the flight plan