Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Update FSUIPC nightmare

I read this morning that updating FSUIPC was recommended, even though I was not getting any stutter problems. I didn't see an update file, so I downloaded the latest FSUIPC install file, read the directions and it said that it would uninstall what I had and install new version and nothing else would be touched. Well I lost my key press settings. I had about an hours worth of wasted time trying to remember what I had set, and resetting them, and finally gave up and reinstalled the older version of FSUPC from my macramé backup. 

My question is, is there and easier way to update FSUIPC without having to uninstall and reinstall everything in FSUIPC? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You'd think after all of these years that would have been solved in the update routine.  I know it's not been that many years in MSFS but the principle is the same.  I just did this update and same same! 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Noel said:

You'd think after all of these years that would have been solved in the update routine.  I know it's not been that many years in MSFS but the principle is the same.  I just did this update and same same! 

I think I will just stick with the older version. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think I will just stick with the older version. 

Might as well it made no difference for me after the update.  I didn't have a back up though and my saving grace is I didn't have that many to reset back up.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Strange .... I did not have the problem reported here after updating to the latest version of FSUIPC7. I have been using FSUIPC for years and have never had an update problem.

Al

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ark said:

Strange .... I did not have the problem reported here after updating to the latest version of FSUIPC7. I have been using FSUIPC for years and have never had an update problem.

Al

How exactly did you update it?

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How exactly did you update it?

I unzipped the downloaded file and ran the installer as admin. It removed the old FSUJIPC7 version, asked me to agree to the FSUIPC end-user license, said is was installing a MobiFlight events file and asked me to agree to that license, asked and validated my registration, and that was it. I didn't do anything special -- just accepted and agreed to what seems to be the defaults.

Al

• Like 3

Just now, ark said:

I unzipped the downloaded file and ran the installer as admin. It removed the old FSUJIPC7 version, asked me to agree to the FSUIPC end-user license, said is was installing a MobiFlight events file and asked me to agree to that license, asked and validated my registration, and that was it. I didn't do anything special -- just accepted and agreed to what seems to be the defaults.

Al

OK, I think I skipped the MobiFlight events fil because I didn't know what the heck it was. Will try to run the update again after I finish my flight. 

Maybe a dumb question but if I don't have any presets via FSUIPC, will this affect anything for me?  All of my presets are done via MSFS.  I use MSFS to connect a few outside apps to the sim.  Just making sure since I did a flight yesterday and thought it was as smooth as ever after the update. (flown in Fenix - PHX-SAN)

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

OK, I think I skipped the MobiFlight events fil because I didn't know what the heck it was. Will try to run the update again after I finish my flight. 

The events.txt file has all the MobiFlight presets. And there is, or you can create, a myevents.txt file for presets that you define. Then the presets you define will show up in the assignment drop down lists just as the MobiFlight presets do.

Al

I rename the FSUIPC7 directory to old FSUIPC-OLD copy the FSUIPC.ini file to the desktop. I always keep the key text file saved. Run the new update and copy and overwrite the FSUIPC.ini withe previous version saved .ini file. All of my presets are maintained.

• Upvote 1

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

15 minutes ago, aero943 said:

I rename the FSUIPC7 directory to old FSUIPC-OLD copy the FSUIPC.ini file to the desktop. I always keep the key text file saved. Run the new update and copy and overwrite the FSUIPC.ini withe previous version saved .ini file. All of my presets are maintained.

That always works for me

Brian

45 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Maybe a dumb question but if I don't have any presets via FSUIPC, will this affect anything for me?  All of my presets are done via MSFS.  I use MSFS to connect a few outside apps to the sim.  Just making sure since I did a flight yesterday and thought it was as smooth as ever after the update. (flown in Fenix - PHX-SAN)

I updated FSUIPC yesterday and had no problems. It asked to uninstall the version I had and installed the new one. My presets are done via MSFS too. Didn't see anything about Mobiflight events. Everything working fine here.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have worked on this update all morning. I only have two things I use FSUIPC paid version for,  When I press one joystick button, I want it to send a 0 key to my PF3 ATC program.  When I press the next joystick button I want it to send an X keypress.   My former version of FSUIPC does this perfectly. The new version will not. I have a backup of the older version on a Macrium drive, and if I reinstall the older version everything works perfectly. I run the update of the latest version, and the 0 and X  keypresses again are not transmitted to the ATC program, I have done this several times. I have even tried replacing the new ini file with the one that works, and still it doesn't work.  I cannot figure out why this doesn't work. I am going to post it on the FSUIPC forum.