Sign in to follow this  
CapnCrunch

Flysimware 414 - AAU1 Integrated?

Having some trouble getting this all sorted out...

Prior to the AAU1 upgrade you could use the 414 with the PMS GTN750 and select the "GTN750 + WT" livery. The RNAV approach functionality lacked vertical tracking but you could always VS down through the altitude constraints.

Now, running the latest version of both the 414 and the PMS GTN750, I expected that AAU1 functionality would have been integrated. The 414 VNV autopilot button is still inop but everything otherwise loads/functions as it should. Except, even with APPR armed in GPS mode, the RNAV glide path arms but never executes - it never descends to follow the altitude constraints at each approach waypoint.

Loading and flying the CYVR RNAV 26L approach should give you LPV + V functionality if the GPS unit is capable (which I believe is the case with the PMS GTN750 paid version).

Has anyone had success getting the glide path to kick in? I've tried the 26L approach both activated with a waypoint transition and simply using vectors. Nada lol. Arming APPR prior to the IAF (PEMSU) or the IF (SAVED) seems to make no difference.

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

Honestly, I would ask the developers this question on their discord. You will get a good answer from them there.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Here's their discord link 

https://discord.gg/FPpdCVv5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, CapnCrunch said:

Now, running the latest version of both the 414 and the PMS GTN750, I expected that AAU1 functionality would have been integrated. The 414 VNV autopilot button is still inop but everything otherwise loads/functions as it should. Except, even with APPR armed in GPS mode, the RNAV glide path arms but never executes - it never descends to follow the altitude constraints at each approach waypoint.

I usually use the TDS GTN750, and the C414 autopilot with that GPS will fly the GP on LNAV/VNAV, LNAV+V and LPV approaches.

EDIT: Just tried the C414 with a PMS50+WT livery and the autopilot flew the CYVR 26L LPV approach GP just fine. I used version 2.1.78 of the PMS50 GTN.

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Here's their discord link 

https://discord.gg/FPpdCVv5

Why discord it is such a PITA to use?  That link gets me nowhere.

Bruce

• Like 4

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

8 hours ago, CapnCrunch said:

Now, running the latest version of both the 414 and the PMS GTN750, I expected that AAU1 functionality would have been integrated.

AAU1 doesn't do anything with the GTN so it also won't do anything for a plane that has a GTN. AAU1 only changed the GNS, G3000/5000 and the device (I forget the name all the time) in the CJ4.

Edited by tup61

5 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Why discord it is such a PITA to use?  That link gets me nowhere.

Bruce

It doesn't say accept invite on your end?  I find discord a lot simpler to use than most forums.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I knew AAU1 wasn't tied to the GTN750 but the PMS folks provided that WT enhanced autopilot while AAU1 code was still in beta and not integrated yet. Now that it's part of the core sim I thought it would be ok to just rely on the latest aircraft and PMS versions. I'll have to go through my set-up again.

Weird though, I had chosen the GTN750 + WT livery for one of those approaches but never got the GP to do more than arm. My excuse now to spend Sunday flying and testing 😀

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD