Whether I have the Stand By Alternator switch On or Off, I am getting "STBY ALT"  in red, flashing on my annunciator panel. Can't seem to clear it, to shut it off. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

I use a Bravo Throttle Quadrant and changed the Alternator assignment from “alternator set” to separate assignments for “alternator on” and “alternator off”. Solved the problem for me.

• Like 6

I'll give it a try and thank you for the response> Your all a great bunch of guys on here. Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

5 hours ago, James Callan said:

I use a Bravo Throttle Quadrant and changed the Alternator assignment from “alternator set” to separate assignments for “alternator on” and “alternator off”. Solved the problem for me.

Your solution worked like a charm.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

9 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Your solution worked like a charm.

Thanks

Then by all means click that "like" button in the lower right corner of his post.  It is not only a reward for a helpful response. It helps identify those here who have built reputations as helpers so others can later discern between responses.  See that you obviously benefit from that as you have just such standing yourself!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 4/8/2023 at 3:55 AM, James Callan said:

I assume you mean the Alternator assignment on the Alpha yoke as there isn't one on the Bravo unless you have used one of the custom assignable rocker switches. Anyway this works if you change the assignment on the yoke so thank you for the suggestion.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

just gave the black square baron a try and liking it so far - but found on a few of my take off runs found my engines were losing power (unable to get airborne) despite the fact my levers (throttle and mixture) were fully forward - any ideas what might be causing this? (note my previous experience is all single engine GA so am sure it will be something I have not set up correctly : )