Sign in to follow this  
verbal

Aerosoft A330 Pro

Having logged many, many, hours in the A330, I've had a similar issue with long haul flights as well.  After digging around on this for some time, it appears (at least on my system) to be an issue with the weather radar.  The challenge is that even if you turn off the weather radar on the panel, it will still run in the background.  I found this solution buried in the Aerosoft forums, which has been helpful to me.  I've posted it as an optimization on my affinity calculator - Click on "Beyond Affinity Masks" -> "Prepar3d Addons" at the bottom.  https://izn-flightsim.s3.amazonaws.com/affinity.html

The weather radar in the Airbus series can also cause frame rate drops, particularly during long-haul flights. By default the Aerosoft Airbus will run the weather radar in the background, regardless if it is on, which on some systems can cause a memory/loop processing leak.

1. Navigate to the directory into which you installed the Aerosoft Airbus.
  2. From there, go into the "Data" directory and open the file named "AB_ND_GDI.ini"
  3. Add this section to the bottom of the file and save:
    [WXRadar]
    WXBackgroundScan=0
    WXBackgroundScanProto=0
    // Remark: Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off.
    // Due to performance reasons on some customersystems currently the user can select between following background scanning modes: 0 = COMPLETE OFF (best frame rates),
    // 1 = LIMITED SCAN, 2 = FULL SCAN (normal status). As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect! This parameter is allowed to be changed at
    // runtime (just change this parameter in INI file and safe it)
    You can change the WXBackgroundScan to 1 if you prefer a limited scan and see no degradation in frame rates.
  • Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 4:19 PM, MammyJammy said:

challenge is that even if you turn off the weather radar on the panel, it will still run in the background.  I found this solution buried in the Aerosoft forums, which has been helpful to me.  I've posted it as an optimization on my affinity calculator - Click on "Beyond Affinity Masks" -> "Prepar3d Addons" at the bottom.  https://izn-flightsim.s3.amazonaws.com/affinity.html

thanks alot. really appricate it.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png