Sign in to follow this  

first Direct X 10 screenshots!!!

As I said before, there best be some God rays and cloud shadows or else I call false advertising. I want what's in those pictures and if I don't get them then I think some sort of compensation should be given to the customers for false advertising and raising hopes. I know a lot of you feel the same way and I'm sure a lot of you will just call me a whiner but either way, those pics were what we were promised, and ya ya I read Phil's post about the magic screenies, but that still doesn't change the fact that those pics were used as examples of what we would get for dx10. I'll settle for God rays and cloud shadows as a minimum but if they don't materialize then I would brace for bad press.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I know this is not DX10 related but I'd be happy if they fix the oversized autogen trees and buildings (nb: i'm talking about the height and not the byte size of the texture). Even if they add a .cfg setting that lets the user determine a scaling factor. I would like to reduce height of tree's by about 25% to 50% and buildings by about 25%. Can't be that hard? Please ACES! The oversized autogen really looks weird IMHO :)

Matthew S

>As I said before, there best be some God rays and cloud>shadows or else I call false advertising. I want what's in>those pictures and if I don't get them then I think some sort>of compensation should be given to the customers for false>advertising and raising hopes. I know a lot of you feel the>same way and I'm sure a lot of you will just call me a whiner>but either way, those pics were what we were promised, and ya>ya I read Phil's post about the magic screenies, but that>still doesn't change the fact that those pics were used as>examples of what we would get for dx10. I'll settle for God>rays and cloud shadows as a minimum but if they don't>materialize then I would brace for bad press.>>________________________________________________________________________________________________>>Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz>| 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | >Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA>RAID-0 | >OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW |>Matrox Triplehead SetupThis whole post has a feeling of extortion to me, like from some bad gangster movie. "You better give me the loot or the dame gets it, see?"

Guest MauiHawk

>I know this is not DX10 related but I'd be happy if they fix>the oversized autogen trees and buildings (nb: i'm talking>about the height and not the byte size of the texture). Download Adnan Arif's FSXTrees and FSXBdgs -- well, at least for the trees, I know he shrunk them. Not positive about the buildings, but I think he shrunk those as well.

Guest JSPuonti

>This whole post has a feeling of extortion to me, like from>some bad gangster movie. "You better give me the loot or the>dame gets it, see?"Right, except in this case the dame's a cardboard cutout. Sure, she's a knock-out, but there's a distinct lack of the real deal about her ;)

>>Download Adnan Arif's FSXTrees and FSXBdgs -- well, at least>for the trees, I know he shrunk them. Not positive about the>buildings, but I think he shrunk those as well.Thanks for pointing those out. But I wonder if those would cause problems when upgrading the SP2.....in that it might require RTM. I guess a person could always back up the originalsRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Cloud Shadows or your life!!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Early Post by him in this thread:>I expect the magic screenies to be comming to life soon.Later post by him in this thread:>There will be little or no noticeable difference>between DX10 and DX9. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest n99wb

This whole post has a feeling of extortion to me, like from some bad gangster movie. "You better give me the loot or the dame gets it, see?"^^Shoot, maybe he could sue the sim right out of existence.That ought to make him popular.

>This whole post has a feeling of extortion to me, like from>some bad gangster movie. "You better give me the loot or the>dame gets it, see?"ROFL, that was a good one and I can sooo see that in my head from one of those movies. :) I just think it's very cheesy to get everyone's appetite all whet like that only to yank it away. The right thing to do would be to offer an addon pack to the customers for free for the false advertising if they can't duplicate the magic screenies. It really isn't cool. I'm sure it wasn't their fault at aces but it really doesn't change the fact that it happened though and that the customers get the shaft. These guys definitely mean well and do a great job overall, but they just need to fix some serious disconnects between them and the marketing/advertising/sales/microsoft geeks. Unfortunate that this is the case but it's not my problem and I shouldn't be the one disappointed because of it. I will maintain optimism until the patch is released and hope that we get some nice features though.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest n99wb

The right thing to do would be to offer an addon pack to the customers for free. . . .^^No, no! Just sue and threaten them out of business. You'll be a hero!Your flight sim buddies will all want to buy you a drink!

>Cloud Shadows or your life!!>>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster PraetorianIt is International Talk Like A Pirate Day.YARR YA BEST BE GIVIN ME THEM GOD RAYS IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOODFERYA, LAD!