Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

MCP Combo first generation?

Hello fellow simmers,

I have a good deal on a MCP combo first generation from VRinsignt similar to the one in the pic below, my question is, is this suitable to use with MSFS 2020? With the FBW or the Fenix for example?

Taking into account that im a very lazy guy regarding setting up programs, keys and bindings do you think i can put this to work with Axis and OHS or Linda?

spacer.png

Thank you

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

No one 🙂

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

19 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

No one 🙂

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?  Do they still exist?  Seems specialized if it is for home siming there should be some info on the Great Oz of google.

-B

Edited by btacon

13 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

It works perfectly with Lorby Axis and OHS. You have to download VRI Bridge from their website.

https://www.axisandohs.com/downloads.html

Then on flightsim.to user Guenseli made all this profiles for the Mcp combo:

https://nl.flightsim.to/discover/Guenseli

Thanks, but the ones i find in flightsim.to are all for the MCP combo II, this one is the first generation.

Marques

12 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Thanks, but the ones i find in flightsim.to are all for the MCP combo II, this one is the first generation.

Ok, yes I have combo II

Sorry, I can't say if the AAO bridge or the profiles will work with the Gen1 MCP Combo.

However, you do not really need profiles, these are just that you do not have to assigns things yourself.
So, if the profiles would not work or are borked you should always be able to assign functions yourself.

But the bridge has to work... and that is the part we don't know.

I assume it should work, however, can't say.
Maybe you can buy it, try it and return if it isn't working?

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never heard of AAO Bridge before and I do happen to have the Combo Gen 1 which I had given up all hope on.

I will see how far i can get with this. trying it out. But be aware i am also lazy with setting up things thouroughly.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

Sorry, I can't say if the AAO bridge or the profiles will work with the Gen1 MCP Combo.

I've tried it with my Gen 1, and sadly it does not work.

Petraeus

Well, the only life i seem to get out ot it is that when i use the HDG or SPD rotary knobs in MSFS the Combo Gen1 seems to slowly receive the new info which I can see updated in only 1 of the 4 columns ofthe Combo Display.(only when the green button is activated in the GUI of the Bridge)

But that's about it.

I have no clue what I'm doing though but there seems to be very little life in this.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

On 4/21/2023 at 6:44 AM, guenseli said:

However, you do not really need profiles, these are just that you do not have to assigns things yourself.
So, if the profiles would not work or are borked you should always be able to assign functions yourself.

But the bridge has to work... and that is the part we don't know.

I assume it should work, however, can't say.
Maybe you can buy it, try it and return if it isn't working?

Thanks for the reply, love your profiles for the streamdeck btw 😉

I cant return it unfortunately, is a used one, still on the fence of buying it or not.

Marques

On 4/21/2023 at 9:33 AM, Petraeus said:

I've tried it with my Gen 1, and sadly it does not work.

On 4/21/2023 at 11:45 AM, avhpilot said:

Well, the only life i seem to get out ot it is that when i use the HDG or SPD rotary knobs in MSFS the Combo Gen1 seems to slowly receive the new info which I can see updated in only 1 of the 4 columns ofthe Combo Display.(only when the green button is activated in the GUI of the Bridge)

But that's about it.

I have no clue what I'm doing though but there seems to be very little life in this.

Thank you both, in the meanwhile i exchanged messages with a member in the official MSFS forums that as one, and he told me that i put it to work using linda, but was not easy and not everything works, guess im going with a x-touch mini.

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

I was also using (or trying to) LINDA - which I used extensively and successfully with P3D. I ended up with AxisandOhs and the XTouch-mini.

Edited by Petraeus

Petraeus

Have you ever asked the AAO developer? 

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester