Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

is my system getting weak now?

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

And add the question "Do i play any other game that will benefit from a new System?".

You are right,
I replaced my Rtx 3080 Nv card by an Rtx 4080 Ti, for
Blender
Davinci Resolve
FS2020

I spend more time using Blender and Davinci, both are much faster than versus 3080 !
Time is money too when working.

Note : I sold my "old" Rtx 3080 Ti to a friend.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ctdlg said:

You are right,
I replaced my Rtx 3080 Nv card by an Rtx 4080 Ti, for
Blender
Davinci Resolve
FS2020

I spend more time using Blender and Davinci, both are much faster than versus 3080 !
Time is money too when working.

Note : I sold my "old" Rtx 3080 Ti to a friend.

Yepp. So overall i can say that investing in a new System was worth every penny. I am playing a lot of other games and its just a whole different experience not having to waste any thought about system requirements for the next years. 🙂

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

16 hours ago, Bilal2104 said:

Hi Guys,

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the weekend!.

I'm just wondering if my system specs are getting on now a little, i cant seem to get more then 45fps in the pmdg 737 in general. (if anyone could direct me to gain more fps if i could squeeze it out)

Specs i7 10700k @ 4.8ghz

RTX 3080FE

16gb ddr4 3200mhz

1440P monitor.

what would you guys say the most beneficial upgrade path would be if needed.

Aside from the RAM (I’ve got 32GB) my specs are exactly the same as yours and I’m also on the fence at the moment about upgrading.

In small GA aircraft I can get up to 60fps in some situations and it’s so much more immersive than 30fps, and I want to be able to achieve that with bigger planes in more complex sceneries.

I’ve been wondering about a switch to either a 5800x3d or 7800x3d (with the former being massively cheaper now). I’ve seen some advice to go for the older processor, as at anything above 1080p the gains are minimal, but that was general gaming advice - not sure if it also applies to MSFS.

The money I could save on the processor and mobo (if going for the 5800x3d) could then go towards a 4090.

22 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Well if you dont see a difference

Um, I clearly stated what the difference is but since you missed it, here it is again:  you will notice this ONLY with rapid panning, that is when faster frames become relevant, period. YOU, nor anyone else here, would notice ANY difference outside of that context and it's easy to understant why:  unless the relative motion (whatever it is, including the window to the left of the pilot's seat) is moving fast enough you simply won't see any difference which is a function of how far the travel is in X period of time.   If you personally have not witnessed exquisitely low FTV at modest frame rates you'll hoodwink yourself into thinking it doesn't matter--it's all about frame rate which very fortunately, it's not.

Hop in a complex plane and do a CFX capture let's see how good you're setup in terms of FTV.  My sense is the vast majority of people here have not witnessed this-captured from pushback to cruise:

spacer.png

I'm setup to be able to toggle lock on lock off w/ a keypress during runtime.  At cruise now OTW to KORD in the PMDG 738, I hit the key and the frame rate jumped to 51.  Here is an FTV capture, and this only 3 minutes worth.  Despite the substantially higher frame rate, this does not retain the ultra smooth animation I'm talking about.  I guarantee you had this run for 10 or 12 minutes it would be far worse--and this was at cruise, not out of the gate, taxi, TO and so forth:

spacer.png

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Um, I clearly stated what the difference is but since you missed it, here it is again:  you will notice this ONLY with rapid panning, that is when faster frames become relevant, period. YOU, nor anyone else here, would notice ANY difference outside of that context and it's easy to understant why:  unless the relative motion (whatever it is, including the window to the left of the pilot's seat) is moving fast enough you simply won't see any difference which is a function of how far the travel is in X period of time.   If you personally have not witnessed exquisitely low FTV at modest frame rates you'll hoodwink yourself into thinking it doesn't matter--it's all about frame rate which very fortunately, it's not.

Hop in a complex plane and do a CFX capture let's see how good you're setup in terms of FTV.  My sense is the vast majority of people here have not witnessed this-captured from pushback to cruise:

spacer.png

I'm setup to be able to toggle lock on lock off w/ a keypress during runtime.  At cruise now OTW to KORD in the PMDG 738, I hit the key and the frame rate jumped to 51.  Here is an FTV capture, and this only 3 minutes worth.  Despite the substantially higher frame rate, this does not retain the ultra smooth animation I'm talking about.  I guarantee you had this run for 10 or 12 minutes it would be far worse--and this was at cruise, not out of the gate, taxi, TO and so forth:

spacer.png

Whatever you say is right Noel. To use your words: "My Sim is smooth from gate to gate." Thats with 60FPS on 60Hz screen. I am in Simnirvana. Please let me be in peace.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

37 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Whatever you say is right Noel. To use your words: "My Sim is smooth from gate to gate." Thats with 60FPS on 60Hz screen. I am in Simnirvana. Please let me be in peace.

I should hope so for the $$ involved.  The only reason I bring this up because my belief is the vast majority do not understand this issue well and shell out big bucks in order to improve what amounts to rapid panning, and VR which is its own problem.  I do look forward to my next upgrade, somewhere out a couple of years unless MS/A amps up load substantially before then.  And when we assemble the I-10 14000K w/ RTX 5090 we will STILL set the lock, however this time we will be able to set it at 50 or what have you and so retain ultra low FTV, better rapid panning, and have the best of all possible worlds.   

Peace Out

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X