Sign in to follow this  
Guest grapesh

Bombs on aircraft

I have downloaded bombs to replace the flour bombs, is there a way I can get them onto a specific aircraft, like a B-17?

Here we go again.....sigh.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is a civilian aircraft simulator not a military shoot 'em up. I respectfully suggest that if you want to drop bombs this is not the product for you.Have a search on Google for military flight simulators. They'll be far more to your liking. :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Or stick around here until someone gives an answer to your question, one way or another.What Ray says is true, if you fancy bombs AND explosions, MSFS isn

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest jshyluk

Personally, I am holding out for the Chicken Cannon. Can't wait to strap that bad boy onto my Piper Cub, and then maybe the Loopy Larry truck will learn to Respect My Authoritay in that mission.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest S77th-GOYA

>Microsoft Flight Simulator is a civilian aircraft simulator>not a military shoot 'em up. I respectfully suggest that if>you want to drop bombs this is not the product for you.>>Have a search on Google for military flight simulators.>They'll be far more to your liking. :-)I respectfully suggest that not everyone wants the same things out of MSFS. Relax. There's enough virtual world for everybody.

Guest Gunner_CAF

>I have downloaded bombs to replace the flour bombs, is there>a way I can get them onto a specific aircraft, like a B-17?You can if you create a mission. Any aircraft can have dropable objects in a mission. It may be best to post in a FSX Mission forum. Seems like the B word is taboo around here :)Gunner

>Microsoft Flight Simulator is a civilian aircraft simulator>not a military shoot 'em up. Not for long, I do believe FSX dogfights are just around the corner, along with some ground attack missions too.

<>Please point us to the source of this information. Or is it just a wild guess?I would consider it serious dumbing-down if FS went in this direction.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

<>I am relaxed. I just don't want to see a civilian flight simulator turn into another "let's kill as many as we can" game. There's plenty of those around already. Microsoft's premier 'game' product does not need to cater to the shoot 'em up fraternity.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>Seems like the B word is taboo around hereI don't understand why. Bombs never hurt anybody.

Matthew S

Guest threedeltamax

Hey, If we go along the lines of what people are thinking here, then why are there so many military aircraft for a civilian flight simulator? We each customise our flight simulator to our particular needs, this person obviously wants to drop a bomb (and I guess other people too), whilst I do not have an answer for this person, I don't see why most are jumping on their back!Kind Regards,

>Microsoft Flight Simulator is a civilian aircraft simulator>not a military shoot 'em up. I respectfully suggest that if>you want to drop bombs this is not the product for you.>>Have a search on Google for military flight simulators.>They'll be far more to your liking. :-)With you RoyThere is enough killing and bombing already both in the real and computer world.I like to go peacefully about my VA business coupled with trying to better my flying and navigational skills as well.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest Stoopy

Agreed! There is an established level of interest in adding on to the existing sim certain capabilities to enhance it's flexibility. This isn't "dumbing down" at all since no other features become lost and I'll wager there's a fair number of military pilots out there who'd challenge the statement above to that effect. Perhaps it's not highbrow enough to fit one person's apparently restricted perception of what everyone else should be or do but it's quite silly to start mandating what interests should or should not be pursued, as long as they're legal and ethical. Or do we need permission to discuss (or even perform) formation flying or aerobatics too?? Sheesh.all4golf: This can be done, what you're looking for is most commonly accomplished by adding a certain effect to the aircraft.cfg file. There are some downloads out there you can find that will provide the effect files and some basic instructions on how to add the effect to the aircraft. It's not quite as "real as it gets" but generally pulls the effect off quite well. Usually you map the effect to a function or key that's shared with another function (like airshow smoke, or whatever).I don't have any filenames or examples handy (can dig for 'em if you'd like) but a little searching in the software libraries (or even Google the subject) you'll find what you're after. Because it's possible AND is an existing, shared interest by others in the community.

Guest Stoopy

Not to sound contentious in the least but I'm honestly very curious becuase I must be missing a basic understanding here.....what, in the above question and topic, would possibly prevent you from simply continuing to do so regardless of what interests in the sim the OP decides to engage in??