Sign in to follow this  
bbuckley

MSFS BKSQ Bonanza

All of a sudden in the last two days I can't start the turbo Bonanza. I haven't changed any of my controller settings (HC Alpha & Bravo mapped in SPAD.neXt). It's been fine until now. I have used the Reset all Failures key on the wx radar but no luck. Is anyone else having the issue? Any suggestions? The Baron is a bit better but still harder to start than before. Is this a cummulative engine issue with the BKSQ aircraft?

Thanks,

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

What does your engine percentages say?  I would think  "fix all failures" would work on all issues.  I hadn't flow the Bonanza for a couple weeks and it flew fine a day or so ago.  It can be finicky, as can the Baron, but I find the amount of time you run the pump and how much throttle you introduce makes a huge impact.

• Like 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

1 hour ago, Orlaam said:

What does your engine percentages say?  I would think  "fix all failures" would work on all issues.  I hadn't flow the Bonanza for a couple weeks and it flew fine a day or so ago.  It can be finicky, as can the Baron, but I find the amount of time you run the pump and how much throttle you introduce makes a huge impact.

I need to run the pump for much longer than 3 mississippi's to get it to start.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I've found pumping the throttle a bit while cranking helps.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Swapping to a new livery should eliminate any accumulative issues like fouled plugs.

Are you using live weather ? Perhaps the outside weather is different.  I know with the 247D a cold start on a very cold day was near impossible (in real life as well, they used to preheat the engines) .

• Like 1

After a flight, shut down and open the left side window, listen to the "tings and pops" of the engine metals cooling. Eventually as the engine cools the sounds fade away. That is such great detail and immersion, I love this bird!

EDIT: Sorry I know that isn't much help, I really do not know why yours is not starting...

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Like 1

Thanks all. Some combination of the above seems to make it better. I’m using SPAD with HC Alpha / Bravo. I have the mag switch starter set to LVAR:STARTERKNOBRETURNTIME = 3sec delay. 

• Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11