Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Good Lord...Massive Frame Drop then normal again

Several things you can do inc delete/rebuild the RC, clear out DX Shader Cache and even reinstall the current GPU driver, or the latest.  My conclusion on these seemingly very random events is that it's slightly pointless to try to chase them down because I think they're potentially related to server overload or intermittent bandwidth reductions so we find ourselves chasing red herrings.  It's tempting to assume it's something on our end yet nothing was changed on our end.

Case in point right now:  AM flight out of FT KLAS > KSFO was just lovely and stutter-free.  Just took off out of KORD to KRDU, same plane, and despite main thread load of 67-70%, and GPU 45%, stuttering is evident most of the way out to 10K feet.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Yes, I deleted DX Shader cache and did a clean install for the 535.98 drivers...does make me wonder if its a server overload or something out of my control...

I also use 60GB to cache some scenery 

Edited by Bill A

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

1 hour ago, Bill A said:

Yes, I deleted DX Shader cache and did a clean install for the 535.98 drivers...does make me wonder if its a server overload or something out of my control...

I also use 60GB to cache some scenery 

You have Offscreen terrain pre-caching in the graphics options set to Ultra, correct?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Yes it's on Ultra 

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

10 hours ago, Bill A said:

Ok, did a flight from KPHX (BMworld scenery) to KLAS (FlyTampa) ...did not use the FSLTL injector at all, didn't even launch it. Just used Vpilot...there was 1 other plane at KPHX at the time...the sim was running smooth and 30 frames...flight was smooth all the way to Vegas and there were 4 other planes there on Vatsim. Taxi as smooth too...launched GSX for debearding and when looking towards the right side of the planes wing view frames were at 23....then closed Vpilot from my other monitor and waited about 5 seconds and back to solid 30.

Now dont know for sure if its a random event where my PC just cant handle something...but seems like most people dont get these huge drops when there really is not much traffic happening. On another occasion I was looking forward at KPHX at the gate and there was no traffic at all anywhere and frames went from 30 to 25 then 23 and stayed there for a bit, changed to external and that did not help when to 15 there...went back to cockpit view and 30....WTH!!!

I really like GSX but it can really throw the object limit overboard at a big airport. I turned passengers off and it was a huge improvement. Unfortunately, these addons that add objects can really hit your CPU

• Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

So it still happens with FSLTL on or off

CPU temps are bellow 80c so I know the CPU is not getting hot. 

Wonder if it's just my 3070 GPU with its 8GB memory limit. 

The thing is I might not even drop massive frames within 15 min of the start at the gate... It's random. I had a flight where it was all good until I got off the runway and started to taxi to the gate..went external and Bam! 20... 15... 27... 14........ Then 30 in a matter of like 20 seconds 

Well,

for a few days I read your OP and thought to myself you guys experiencing this were suffering the effect of heavy scenery addons, or other Community folder fillers ...

Then today after a few flights using FSIPanel for approaches into LPPT 20, i decided to pick the Flyingiron Spitfire Mk IX and took off from that same runway for a few low passes and aerobatics over the area where the World Youth Encounter is going to take place next August... 

As I started overflying Lisbon next to the airport and towards the river, and although I have bushes and trees at LOW and buildings at MEDIUM, the stutters started in such a way that it was almost impossible to keep enjoying... Thought to myself I was paying for having said a couple days ago that I used to experience more stutters in XP12 than in MFS 😕

Well, after exiting the flight I:

- Turned OFF Photogrammetry

- Turned OFF Bin Maps

- DELETEd the Rolling cache and disabled it....

Went back flying over the exact same areas and the stutters were 100% gone ...

I'm fine with it that way - it's smooth again and that's what matters in the very 1st place for me...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Today I departed Fly Tampa Las Vegas, with FSLTL static airplanes set to three and Vatsm, which had about three planes added to the airport. I was on the salty 747 and took off from runway to 26R and it was absolutely smooth this time. I'm really wondering if it's a Microsoft a Asobo issue and their servers and how many people are accessing the servers at a certain time.  

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 6:53 PM, Sonosusto said:

I really like GSX but it can really throw the object limit overboard at a big airport. I turned passengers off and it was a huge improvement. Unfortunately, these addons that add objects can really hit your CPU

Works fine in P3D, very little to no performance issues ... I think the issue that needs to be address by Asobo and why such relatively low complexity renders (objects such as AI aircraft and GSX animations/vehicles) are increasing main thread work load.  Sounds like a threading issue due to WASM layer limitations.  

1 hour ago, CO2Neutral said:

Works fine in P3D, very little to no performance issues ... I think the issue that needs to be address by Asobo and why such relatively low complexity renders (objects such as AI aircraft and GSX animations/vehicles) are increasing main thread work load.  Sounds like a threading issue due to WASM layer limitations.  

I realize it probably works fine in the other simulators. Asobo has a lot ironing to do. I do not normally have issues with it unless I have a bunch of traffic and other stuff running. Then again, I had that issue in other sims as well. I think you're right.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---