Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Asobo hiring for MSFS

Microsoft won’t allowed visible weapons in the marketplace. The A10 Warthog in the 2024 trailer has a spot light instead of a gun.

If they ever decide to do combat military ops it will be in a separate product.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Microsoft won’t allowed visible weapons in the marketplace. The A10 Warthog in the 2024 trailer has a spot light instead of a gun.

If they ever decide to do combat military ops it will be in a separate product.

message received....   

F18's with tailhooks and other carrier capable aircraft are still on the table for carrier ops though with no weapons.

I guess that's something....

• Like 1

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

35 minutes ago, aerostar said:

message received....   

F18's with tailhooks and other carrier capable aircraft are still on the table for carrier ops though with no weapons.

I guess that's something....

The F-18 in the sim has a hook, and there are free and payware carrier addons. There’s also payware aircraft with hooks

Edited by Tuskin38

25 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The F-18 in the sim has a hook, and there are free and payware carrier addons. There’s also payware aircraft with hooks

....can you have any of the carriers sailing at speed into wind yet ?

1 hour ago, aerostar said:

....can you have any of the carriers sailing at speed into wind yet ?

there are addons with moving carriers. but not like they are in FSX.

Edited by Tuskin38

have decided to download DCS World....   thanks for your help in deciding.

...was not my intention to upset anyone and I hope MSAsobo get all the software writers they need as soon as they can....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aerostar said:

have decided to download DCS World....   thanks for your help in deciding.

good choice you have  to make  the  right  choices  for the  modules  you want  to use,  considering  i fly  dcs  80  percent  of  the  time  🙂

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I made a considerable hiatus around 2013 when a friend made me try the then recently released P51D in DCS World - became addict, bought all of the early WW2 modules and later even the Mosquito, as well as 2 helicopters although I only really used the UH-1H.

Later that same friend pointed me to IL2 and ended up offering me one of the versions of that other combat flight sim series... I enjoyed playing IL2 Forgotten Battles for a good while, even more than DCS.

Both were a nice diversion from civil sims and their rather inferior flight dynamics and overall physics  models. P3D at the moment and XP10 and then XP11 were far from being able to reproduce the "feel of flight" as close to reality as DCS World and IL2 modules.

I eventually ended up even becoming addict of War Thunder 🙂... which is not to their level in terms of flight dynamics.

Then I realized war games weren't definitely my beach. As much as their quality in terms of flight dynamics, damage models, etc... were great, truth is I felt it didn't make sense to play War 😕

I returned to P3D and XP, and finally more than 2 years ago found MFS and as soon as the PMDG DC6 was released, then the gorgeous FBW A320, followed by the PMDG 737 and finally the FENIX A320, I was back to my classic type of simming, the one I lived in the early nineties of the last century playing ATP, Airline Simulator 2, Aerowinx PS1, FS9, FSX...

In MFS, thx to FBW, PMDG and FENIX, and now also the default 787 and 310, with the help of Navigraph / Simbrief and lately FSIPanel too, I can use a short slot of spare time to configure and start an approach, or a short regional flight, with all of the bells & whistles 🙂 before I have to fall back in real life dreaming of my next sim session, and with MFS the ease of use / functionality (well, less the part that pertains to the association of controllers with specific aircraft 😕 ) are really the VERY BEST !!! 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yeah, I honestly prefer WW2 air combat over modern air combat (unless it’s a game like the Ace Combat series)

Edited by Tuskin38

This topic was about Asobo hiring staff. So why it’s changed to a discussion about DCS World I know not.

Get back on topic please or it will be locked.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather