Sign in to follow this  
solito

Questions about B787

I never gave attention to the B787, but had recently upgraded it to the Heavy Division mode, and have a couple of questions:

I noticed there are only Map and Plan display modes selectable, is there a way to set the other Efis display modes Vor and App, as any other Boeing, or there are definitely absent at this airplane ?

Is actually capable of autolanding ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, solito said:

I never gave attention to the B787, but had recently upgraded it to the Heavy Division mode, and have a couple of questions:

I noticed there are only Map and Plan display modes selectable, is there a way to set the other Efis display modes Vor and App, as any other Boeing, or there are definitely absent at this airplane ?

Is actually capable of autolanding ?

Thanks

The EFIS CP on the 787 does not feature VOR or APP selection. However, the aircraft is certified for autoland CAT III C. It is common practice to not display VOR or APP mode on the ND for 737, 747,757, 767, and 777 models. The PFD provides all necessary information and staying on MAP can improve situational awareness.

I forgot to mention that none of them actually fly using VOR mode, only LNAV.

Edited by LRBS
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

In a couple of weeks the AAU2 update comes out and I'd wait because the 787 looks like it has been heavily updated.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

22 hours ago, LRBS said:

The EFIS CP on the 787 does not feature VOR or APP selection. However, the aircraft is certified for autoland CAT III C. It is common practice to not display VOR or APP mode on the ND for 737, 747,757, 767, and 777 models. The PFD provides all necessary information and staying on MAP can improve situational awareness.

I forgot to mention that none of them actually fly using VOR mode, only LNAV.

Certainly the B787 has simplified most of the interface systems, but I miss someones as the ND App mode where you can be aware of the course deviation, the  VNav descent profile indicator and the intervention buttons, etc.

And about auto landing, with my Heavy Division modded B787, I tried several auto ILS aproaches at certified Cat 3 airports and couldnt get the "landing 3" condition, so not autoland is possible in my case.- Perhaps there are other different experiences .

55 minutes ago, solito said:

Certainly the B787 has simplified most of the interface systems, but I miss someones as the ND App mode where you can be aware of the course deviation, the  VNav descent profile indicator and the intervention buttons, etc.

And about auto landing, with my Heavy Division modded B787, I tried several auto ILS aproaches at certified Cat 3 airports and couldnt get the "landing 3" condition, so not autoland is possible in my case.- Perhaps there are other different experiences .

It seems that you may not be familiar with PFD indications, but all the information is available right there.
There seems to be an issue with autoloads when using "Heavy Division modded B787." You can initiate an autoland (AL) from any instrument landing system (ILS), and the LAND3 system condition should be armed below 1,500 feet. Most likely they need to brush up on that model. I think that the new AAU2 has it right and will solve your issue. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, solito said:

These are all coming to the default 787 in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

These are all coming to the default 787 in a few weeks.

Are they ? I thought those features are absent at the real 787 as a new innovative conception

Just now, solito said:

Are they ? I thought those features are absent at the real 787 as a new innovative conception

Ok maybe I just misunderstood what you were talking about

AAU2 does a bunch of awesome updates thanks to the Working Titles team, with much more realistic systems modelling and the feel of the aircraft. I’m currently using the beta which has a few bugs here and there, but it’s a lot more enjoyable to fly compared with the original default. It’s officially supposed to come out around the 23rd June - not too long to go! 

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

edit

Edited by ErichB