Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Degraded Performance / Strange Fix

Hi all

I am running a 13900k with a 4090 and using frame generation.

I have the sim running very smooth with good balanced settings. I have a very strange issue where after 20-30 minutes of flying if i pan around the camera i can tell the performance has dropped and its not smooth and is stuttery.

The way around it for me is to click out of the sim to my second monitor ( which has Volanta open ) and then click back into the sim. After doing this the performance is completely back to normal but the same happens again after some time and i repeat the process.

Does anyone else have this? Or know of a way to stop this happening. Its more frustrating, And i can't work out why clicking out of the sim and then back in seems to fix it.

I would like to find a way to solve it for good as it sometimes happens in final.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Are you in the beta or stable release?

You should post this at the official forum. flightsimulator.com

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Never been so sim-happy... MSFS 2020 &  (FSHUD & FSLTL # BATC)

Just now, jcomm said:

Are you in the beta or stable release?

You should post this at the official forum. flightsimulator.com

Hey

Its happened on both stabe and beta and i have already posted on the forum with no luck 😞

So i thought i would expand the search for answers here too.

Could be a frame generation issue, something in the background is taking focus? Because if you're using FG and click over to another monitor, you'll see the performance drop until you re-focus on the Window.

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Could be a frame generation issue, something in the background is taking focus? Because if you're using FG and click over to another monitor, you'll see the performance drop until you re-focus on the Window.

Hmm interesting,

Do you have any idea how i could investigate that? It is just really strange how the performance just drops by having the sim sit there in full screen, But it returns to normal by simply clicking my second monitor and then back into the sim.

4 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hmm interesting,

Do you have any idea how i could investigate that? It is just really strange how the performance just drops by having the sim sit there in full screen, But it returns to normal by simply clicking my second monitor and then back into the sim.

Not sure if there's anything that could tell you the focus state of a Window. Personally, my approach would be to make sure I don't have something that interferes with 3D applications, software with any sort of overlays, including Geforce Experience. Then I'd perhaps try and disable Game Mode and stuff along those lines. Lastly I'd run a full DDU and re-install the latest driver, see if that does anything.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I observe the same but it only affects the G3000 PFD. its running smooth and at some point it starts stuttering. Tabbing out and back in its smooth again. Sometimes for the rest of the flight, sometimes only a few seconds.

Strange things...

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

11 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Not sure if there's anything that could tell you the focus state of a Window. Personally, my approach would be to make sure I don't have something that interferes with 3D applications, software with any sort of overlays, including Geforce Experience. Then I'd perhaps try and disable Game Mode and stuff along those lines. Lastly I'd run a full DDU and re-install the latest driver, see if that does anything.

To clarify: Do you mean Game mode or game bar?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

To clarify: Do you mean Game mode or game bar?

As you're experiencing the same, it might be an actual issue with the sim and not something external, so not sure the above recommendation would do anything but I did mean Game Mode, though I'd also disable Game Bar and anything else I could come near.

@MejjoSame situation for me. I can't find any solution.

There is one topic on the flight simulator forum which marked as bug. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/regression-dlss3-frame-generation-with-vsync-broken-in-1-30-9/568809/80?page=2

Edited by ozguror

Asus Tuf Gaming Z490-Plus / Intel I5 10600KF / 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3200 Mhz / Zotac RTX 4070 12 GB / 250 GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 / 500 GB Samsung 960 Evo / 1 TB Samsung 7200 Rpm Sata2 / Corsair RM750W 80+ Gold / Cooler Master Masterbox TD500 Mesh / 32'' Viewsonic VX3276-2K IPS

22 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I will disable that and see if that will change anything. I have previously done a sim / windows reinstall with no luck.

Just a quick question ( without starting a new topic ) I forgot to add in my original post that whenever i land i get a quick stutter / pause on every landing. It does not matter what the airport is there will always be a slight stutter vs a completely smooth landing. Would you have any opinion on what may cause that? I have explored so many different setting combinations and nothing seems to of made a difference. I initially thought it was Volanta logging the landing but i have tried this without Volanta too.

3 minutes ago, ozguror said:

@MejjoSame situation for me. I can't find any solution.

There is one topic on the flight simulator forum which marked as bug. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/regression-dlss3-frame-generation-with-vsync-broken-in-1-30-9/568809/80?page=2

Hey,

Yep... I have been following these posts hoping there would be an answer. I wanted to post here to see if anybody had found a way around it. It is very frustrating i must admit.

6 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

I will disable that and see if that will change anything. I have previously done a sim / windows reinstall with no luck.

Just a quick question ( without starting a new topic ) I forgot to add in my original post that whenever i land i get a quick stutter / pause on every landing. It does not matter what the airport is there will always be a slight stutter vs a completely smooth landing. Would you have any opinion on what may cause that? I have explored so many different setting combinations and nothing seems to of made a difference. I initially thought it was Volanta logging the landing but i have tried this without Volanta too.

Honestly, I've heard that complaint a few times in MSFS, that people experience reduced performance and stutters during approach and lending. I think that might be another sim issue, as opposed to something with your machine.

Following this post. Have similar issues but have a 3070

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I somehow managed to return back to smooth simulation with the following setup:

(Monitor is set to 60Hz RR)

NVCP (global) Max frame rate: 60

NVCP (global) Vsync: on

MSFS:

Vsync: off

FG: on

Additionally i uninstalled the XBOX game bar and enabled windows game mode.

So far my last short testflilght was very smooth but i will have to see what happens during longer sessions.