Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Using a button to switch from 2D to VR

Since I got my G2 headset over a year ago I have set the L/G button on my throttle to switch from VR to 2D and back. Now, over the last couple of months the button is hit and miss. I have since assigned other buttons to the same task and they too work only on occasion. There is no pattern. So, I can't do much troubleshooting. I find it very frustrating to have to ESC out and go to General Options just to go back and forth.

Has anyone else struggled with this issue? If so, was there a fix? Or is this just another MS broke something new while trying to fix something else?

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I have assigned a button on my Thrustmaster Airbus stick for 2D-VR and it's been workling flawlessly since.

You can, of course use the keyboard (I think it was Strg+Tab) as a backup.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yep same, got a button on my SNES controller to turn on/off VR, works a treat since forever, the annoying thing is when I accidently press it during flight🤦‍♂️ might have rebind it elsewhere.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)