Everything posted by MarcG
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
Absolutely awesome as ever @Reset XPDR , when I get the chance I'll have a test with it 👍
-
Frame Generation for VR is here now.
The Djules fork is getting updates everyday, worth keeping an eye on that one. I believe the plan is to merge into the main branch when everything becomes stable enough.
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
Awesome thanks I'll look into that later, the mods fairly new so constantly being updated, things are bound to change with it but it's certainly becoming something very decent for VR users.
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
@Reset XPDR The wonderful world of FrameGen for VR users has arrived in the form of the following; Original; Releases · tig3rmast3r/OFXR-Bridge There's a Fork I'm currently using as it has a 3x FrameGen option which works great; Releases · djules75/OFXR-Bridge Now this opens up all new possibilities with MSFS2024 mainly revolving around increasing some graphical settings, but before I go down that rabbit hole I want to get AutoFPS playing as nicely as I can with it. So with the pic below should I have the FPS target at 30 to yield best results? (bearing in mind using the 3x FrameGen option in the mod to achieve 90fps). I'm also seeing the TLOD numbers go Orange but it's still rising when it does. Also anything else in there strike you as "odd" or in need of change? thanks 🙂
-
MSFS 2024 beta update 1.9.16.0
I have got the Demo and may get it during a sale, but ultimately MSFS2020/2024 is what I know in terms of proper Flight Simulation and I'm just very comfortable with most aspects of it, the thought of shelling out more money on add-ons for another flight sim is also off-putting right now but I'll see.
-
MSFS 2024 beta update 1.9.16.0
Then we'd know why and should the reasons be sufficient then we'd may be able to accept them, as it stands it's just a guessing game because they never tell us anything when they sit there looking gormless during a Q&A questioning the question instead of giving us the answer. It's very rare for gaming software to go through such big degradations and regressions like this one (2020 & 2024) has, it's equally as rare to have such dreadful Quality Control meaning constant regressions, if they told us specifically why these were happening then maybe we'd understand more about their internal processes.
-
MSFS 2024 beta update 1.9.16.0
Yes that last part is what I was initially referring too with perhaps a loss of staff, funding or whatever. They've finally admitted to not doing some things they've said they would do in the past, which is a shame. Anyway as you say I also enjoy the flying, I just want it to be better improved upon as I know it can and should be 🙂
-
MSFS 2024 beta update 1.9.16.0
Their lack of acceptance in their own degradations is the concerning thing here though, sure they may not of planned for those but to totally ignore the subjects on the official forum for 6 years and pretend everythings fine just find smacks of a complete misunderstanding as to what they've done. The irony is the visuals were better but they've hacked away at it so much that they've gone too far down the rabbit hole with no hope of getting out, yet you say "In the end, it is still far, far, far better than the P3D world I was using in 2019." which furthers my point about accepting poor standards. This isn't about what you may of had in other games, this is about what we did have that Asobo have made worse in this game, the only past I care about is the better one we had - when's that coming back!?
-
MSFS 2024 beta update 1.9.16.0
Exactly, what is there left to do? Boycotting won't achieve anything, reporting bugs and issues doesn't seem to achieve much. It's a question for society in general towards gaming software, not just this franchise, if they don't listen...then accept it when we shouldn't have too? Let's face it it's a topic that will drag on and on for years!
-
MSFS 2024 beta update 1.9.16.0
A well thought out post @Cognita 🙂 Although you do bring up a subject that I'm baffled with when it comes to others; Acceptance of Regressions. In what other business would anyone accept a reduction in quality from what they initially bought? You certainly wouldn't accept a car manufacturer to downgrade your BHP after an MOT, or a television company to lower your TV to SD from HD, or your coffee machine to only create half an espresso. So why is it acceptable, by many, that when it comes to any software they accept degradations? As clearly defined within the relatively short lifespan of MSFS 2024. The more "we" accept regressions the worse it becomes as the developer gets away with it, that's something I think we should still shout about. Starting with "where the hell is the fix for 512x512 textures that broke in July 2025?" - that's a major visual regression still not fixed, if it was a bug to begin with.
-
MSFS 2024 beta update 1.9.16.0
As I said when the first beta was released: "Overall a pretty 'meh' update." Still no fixes to past regressions, still no bugs fixed that have been reported for months/years, there's just no substance to these patch notes. Seems like they're using SU7 mainly as a release platform for the Air Races, which is fine but tell us that. I can't help but feel there's something deeper going on, MS boardroom and lay off changes affecting them? Downsized staff at Asobo perhaps? Bitten off more than they can chew with the PS platform? Or simply they're working on the next incarnation MSFS 2028.....!? Easy to speculate of course, but when the only reliance on solid communication is via a Q&A where they don't answer questions sufficiently enough and a pointless weekly blog that provides absolutely nothing...then people are gonna speculate which is what is currently going on!
-
Frame Generation for VR is here now.
Ok so a day of playing around with it in various Sims and MSFS2024 doesn't work that great with it unless I chose AMD FSR 4.1 & the Quality setting, then it seems to work until there are huge drops in FPS and it gets all stuttery for a little bit before returning to 90fps. That and the blurry Garmin screens are a personal "no go", so I'll just have to wait and see if future versions improve and/or Asobo actually do some meaningful optimisation (not holding my breath on that one!). Without this mod I'm running the Sim just about decent enough at 40+ FPS, which is just fine for flying, but I was hoping those big airports/cities would get a boost with this mod but it doesn't want to play ball with my preference of TAA. Even lowering SteamVR Resolution doesn't appear to have that much of an effect, so perhaps my hunch about a specific Pico3 branch is the only way for me (which lets face it won't happen, there's not many of us using this HMD anymore). Other Sims it's just fine, works like a charm and has allowed me to Max out settings which is awesome, just not here.
-
Frame Generation for VR is here now.
No difference, doesn't matter if I restart everything. I'm not seeing any difference with that other DLL either, seems the original fork is best for me currently. I'll certainly try any future releases/forks though so will keep man eye on developments 🙂
-
Frame Generation for VR is here now.
Ok just tried that Fork with my Pico3 and it's a jittery mess, whilst the FPS number does go higher than the original the head movements are nowhere near smooth enough. The original seems to be far better for me but again not a big improvement over default, perhaps it needs a Pico3 dedicated Fork to help it work better.
-
Frame Generation for VR is here now.
Is that Fork just for Pimax users then? as it states SteamVR is unchanged, I've been using the original here; https://github.com/tig3rmast3r/OFXR-Bridge/releases Works well but it's no miracle FPS increase for me, the image is certainly smoother though so I'll keep it installed for now.
-
RELEASE NOTES Sim Update 7 Beta - 1.9.13.0
#DoesNotCompute 🤡
-
RELEASE NOTES Sim Update 7 Beta - 1.9.13.0
Added new popup for group loading error 🤦♂️ They love a pointless popup
-
September 2026 Developer Livestream
Seb described it as a "bug" last year and claimed it was not intentional, yet here we are and still no fix as per Asobos relentlessly sloppy standards.
-
September 2026 Developer Livestream
It's not a claim, it's a bonafide fact!
- Sim Update 7 Beta is available
- Sim Update 7 Beta is available
-
Valve Steam Frame VR Review vs. Meta Quest 3
Is there a direct display port on the Steam Frame?
-
Very Blurry Photogrammetry Tile?
Haha yes just the other day, flew into an airport that presumably was a Military one (didn't realise) as the ground tiles were all blurry compared to the direct surroundings. Looked horrendous but those bases not wanting to share their details is something I can accept, just have to choose non military to land on in future.
-
MSFS2020 Map Enhancement 10.0 – New Building Enhancement
v10.2.0 Sep 21, 2026Added Realistic Night Lighting for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, using real-world nighttime lighting data to reduce unrealistic bright road networks in sparsely populated areas. Added guided installation, updating, enable/disable controls, integrity checks, and cache management for Realistic Night Lighting. It is free for all users until November 1, 2026, and requires a professional account afterward. Improved background-service startup errors with clearer causes and recovery guidance. -=-=-=-=-=- interesting stuff, will have to take a look at this soon.
- Sim Update 7 Beta is available