Sign in to follow this  
Amrick615

How to get VOXATC to use AIG-AIM

Hello all!

Just wanted to give an update here. Please reference my post in the AIG forum in concurrence with this thread Convert AIGFP to BGL? (For VOXATC) (alpha-india.net)

I found that you can't convert AIGFP flight plans to BGL since they are much more complex (hence why the flights may seem more realistic). It was recommended that I remove the AIGFP files and let AIG reinstall (requires you to untick "Use AIGFP" in settings). This did end up working, and the reinstall process was much quicker (4 hours vs and entire day). Please do remember to run the VOXATC indexer after going through this process. (Pro tip: Don't delete the AIGFP files, just move them to a different folder, it's the same effect with no drawbacks). 

Hopefully this thread helps me in the future and to anyone else needing assistance. John, thanks for your help! Now I can move on to getting some help on a couple bugs/mishaps I'm getting from VOXATC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amrick615 said:

I found that you can't convert AIGFP flight plans to BGL since they are much more complex (hence why the flights may seem more realistic).

my observations are that AIGFP's (controlled by AIGTC) are more likely to follow ATS routes in cruise but are a tad wayward in the TMA.

VoxATC's controller (of traffic.bgl's) is way more "real" in the TMA (SID / STAR / APP routing).

I look forward to seeing the "new traffic generator" in VoxATC (P3D) improving that control even more.

for now, cheers

john martin