Sign in to follow this  
Amrick615

How to get VOXATC to use AIG-AIM

Hello all! 

I use P3Dv5 HF3. I was wondering how to get VOXATC to use AIG-AIM models? I'm not sure what the cause of problem might be, but VOXATC isn't spawning any AI at all, despite the slider being 100% in VOXACT Settings. AIG-AIM is running using the traffic manager, so the two are essentially running at the same time without influencing each other. Is there any way I can flip a switch and get VOXATC to start using these models? The indexer seems to scan through them, so I don't see what the problem is. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

i am not sure if i have an answer to your's ... given i don't understand what you mean by AIG_AIM models.

VATC works well depicting / spawning AIG models in ".bgl's" flightplans

VATC currently only can use ".bgls to compile traffic for its own traffic controller ... and probably will for the long term as there are more "*bgl" plans provided by others.

One can not use AIGTC in parallel / using AIGF files .... currently.

One can compile "*bgls" using AIGAIM instead of AIGFP's..

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks for the response. 

In that case, what should be the move on my end? Do you suppose I'll need to reinstall AIG and deselect "Use AIGFP"? Or is there a better way to compile BGLs so that VOXATC can use them?

Thanks

@Amrick615

Not too sure what can be done efficiently, though wasting AIGFP's is not recommended.

Maybe, if you search AIG's despatch (https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=330.0) to do an AIFP (http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP) install of *.bgls, using the core data of AIGAIM's simobjects/scripts etc. of your current AI inventory, might be a way forward ...... & would certainly preserve your AIFP's for future VATC versions.

But then I wonder if you can have a "second" AIGAIM to OCI *.bgl's.

for now, cheers

john martin

Gotcha, I did post a thread on AIG's forums to figure out how to convert AIGFP's to bgl's. We'll see if they have an answer (I'll post a solution here for those following along). 

So, I've never used AIFP before, forgive me any and all confusion. What is this and how do I use it? Am I downloading flightpans from AIG Dispatch and having them recompiled into bgl's via AIFP? 

Thanks

33 minutes ago, Amrick615 said:

Gotcha, I did post a thread on AIG's forums to figure out how to convert AIGFP's to bgl's. We'll see if they have an answer (I'll post a solution here for those following along). 

So, I've never used AIFP before, forgive me any and all confusion. What is this and how do I use it? Am I downloading flightpans from AIG Dispatch and having them recompiled into bgl's via AIFP? 

Thanks

The new beta of Vox supports the import of AIGFP's..

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks for chiming in! I'm running version 7.43; I'm not seeing a later beta version. Is this the version that's supposed to support AIGFP's?

cheers,

Edited by Amrick615

3 hours ago, Amrick615 said:

Thanks for chiming in! I'm running version 7.43; I'm not seeing a later beta version. Is this the version that's supposed to support AIGFP's?

cheers,

No, I'm testing 7.54, expecting 7.55 shortly

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

52 minutes ago, Amrick615 said:

I see, any sense of a release date? 

I couldn't say that's the Devs call not mine, but I wouldn't say years 😉

• Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

The new beta of Vox supports the import of AIGFP's..

for P3D's, not just MSFS ??

for now, cheers

john martin

13 hours ago, Amrick615 said:

Indeed ....... it is a tad more tedious admittedly, but AIFP will find & recommend use most probably the AIM models/repaints downloaded for OCI using its substitute option.

Just compile/save your *.bgl's in another folder for P3D discovery with Lorby's P4AO.

& don't use AIGAIM / AIGTC until VoxATC releases an AIGFP reader.

for now, cheers

john martin

15 hours ago, vadriver said:

for P3D's, not just MSFS ??

I would be interested in that too !?

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

@ggerolamo

my understanding from discussion with support on the new traffic generator is that in P3D it will work better & will be added after MSFS release.

now, i don't know if that means VoxATC will use AIGFP's &/or "bgl's for route data in its own traffic controller .... as maybe the case in MSFS.

confused i am .......

for now, cheers

john martin