Sign in to follow this  
dave2013

Some Questions For P3Dv6 Users

3 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Cockpit lighting in the PMDG aircraft looked really dark.

is this still Case  like v5?

In V6 we have the Tone Mapping which lets you change the shaders on the fly. You can use this to adjust the darkness in the cockpit. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

9 hours ago, djbully said:

In V6 we have the Tone Mapping which lets you change the shaders on the fly. You can use this to adjust the darkness in the cockpit. 

yes, but that does not solve the problem that the outside will be unrealistically bright. 

I have one suggestion - there is sky textures from Mo-vision that can help you have brighter VC shadows and eventually they help with this problem I presume [ I still do not have v6, so I can't comment on it]. 

I suggest, you guys try.  I can give you a link towards the exact place. 

https://motextures.wixsite.com/mo-textures/mo-vision

Also that really helps with clouds / sky textures. It is worth the shot, I use it myself in P3D v4 and the results are really nice. 

D4Ev8P4.png

JEJ0Xhw.png

As you can see it is in cold and dark state and it is mostly visible. Honestly, I can start the plane and make it look even better, but be mindful, that I use Tomato Shade and Reshade. 

@PavlinS you might want to re-evaluate recommending a known thief like mo textures

• Like 2

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

24 minutes ago, verbal said:

@PavlinS you might want to re-evaluate recommending a known thief like mo textures

Hmm, did not knew that. What did he stole? The photoreal sceneries?