Sign in to follow this  
Vel

FS2020 to FS2024

1 hour ago, UrgentSiesta said:

The main thing that caught my ear on this is that they're actively engaged with professional organizations that perform these services in the real world.

Ironically, it's exactly these types of scenarios that Lockheed Martin are using P3D to help support IRL wild fire response...

Interesting, I didn’t know that and yes, LM’s markets could be impacted. The separation between the so- called professional sim P3D and entertainment sim MSFS is a children’s tale. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

The main thing that caught my ear on this is that they're actively engaged with professional organizations that perform these services in the real world. That means they intend to make these missions reality-based rather than just "screenwriting" stuff that they imagine is somewhat realistic.

We'll see how far it goes, but if they can come up with some type of Campaign system with branching progressions, etc., it'd be great.

Ironically, it's exactly these types of scenarios that Lockheed Martin are using P3D to help support IRL wild fire response...

Does anybody know if scenario scripting and a scenario SDK are used by commercial companies that use flight simulators? For example, are a lot of commercial companies using P3D for its scenario scripting, scenario SDK, and scenario engine capabilities?

I know the original MSFS 2024 announcement on the XBox Youtube channel created a lot of controversy, because the flight sim community was worried MSFS 2024 was targeting "gamers" with all these scenario activities rather than features requested by core fight sim hobbyists.  But I am wondering if the MSFS team is actually developing a scenario engine and scenario SDK because they want to make it generic, so that one day, they can target the commercial market (maybe target the commercial market with a different product than MSFS, but which uses the MSFS engine).

So I am wondering if a lot of other commercial companies are using P3D for its scenario engine and scenario capabilities.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 7/7/2023 at 8:10 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The new subscription pay per month FS2030 will be the one to wait for.

You can pay a subscription right now. It costs about $20 a month and you can play hundreds of games including MSFS 2020 and pretty much every game if not every game Microsoft produces.

Its quite a deal if you like gaming as well as flight simming.

• Like 1

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com