Sign in to follow this  
Vel

FS2020 to FS2024

Interesting intro to this video where Jorge mentions why they think its necessary to move on from FS2020 to a "new" sim...

Edited by Vel
  • Like 5

Isn't this bloke just adding his own commentary to what came out of FSExpo? You're better off just watching Seb and Jorg speak at FSExpo and then you can ignore this blokes personal opinion and just listen to what was said from the developers.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

8 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Isn't this bloke just adding his own commentary to what came out of FSExpo? You're better off just watching Seb and Jorg speak at FSExpo and then you can ignore this blokes personal opinion and just listen to what was said from the developers.

Or listen to his summary and not have to watch/listen to the whole expo presentation...see what i did there? 😁

• Like 2

Why Microsoft decided to offer another incarnation of MSFS is made clear by a simple observation: "Would you all be happy with an operating system in 2023 called Windows 98 version 2,900,347?". If we live long enough we will see MSFS 2024, 2028, 2032 etc! And the reason is simple, "Perception"!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Automobile manufacturers release a new version every year and no one has a problem with that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

That's the problem with designing large project software. When you first start out, it is impossible to envision what the original code does not allow for, concerning new and improved coding abilities that evolve over time. You get to a point where you have to ask yourself "is it worth it to recode or rewrite what I have so as to include new technologies? Or, should I start fresh?" You get the point?

• Upvote 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

The comments section of that video is proof that MS was justified in announcing 2024 at the Xbox showcase. Despite them giving a ton of info at FSExpo, just look at the amount of ignorance that exists in the comments section of the video...

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

If I understand this correctly, MSFS is finally moving away from on the of the dullest conventions in the sim, the utterly boring "World Map". Now I can start with a mission and a purpose, be it mountain rescue, cargo transport, biz jet executive service, airline operations, etc. 

A huge win in my book. Hopefully, we'll be able to sort these missions by various parameters, for example, time, for those of us who only have limited time. 

• Like 1

I don't think the world map is going away. That would cause a riot. There's going to be a separate career mode with its own progression.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

yeah.  I admit I have some curiosity to try some of the missions.  However I suspect it will end up how I view terminal interiors.  I'll check it out a few times, but then back to flying airliners A to B.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

They reached the limit of what can be done? Thats kind of pathetic for FS2020. Its not like it is not enjoyable, but they just gradually started away from it being a graphics demo towards a real flightsim that deserves the name. Aircraft complexity increased just now, and, at the risk of repeating myself, weather left much to be desired, no seasons out of the box...all things that got hopes up for future sim updates.

...and they already hit a wall. 🧐 I am pretty sure it is more an economical rather than a technological one. I think maybe its time to take a break from simming until FS2024 is out and running well.

8 hours ago, Krakin said:

The comments section of that video is proof that MS was justified in announcing 2024 at the Xbox showcase. Despite them giving a ton of info at FSExpo, just look at the amount of ignorance that exists in the comments section of the video...

Yet the decision to release the trailer at Xbox showcase event without engagement with other flight sim groups antagonised a lot of people—something that is still being felt now on the official forums.

Delivering simultaneous info to flight sim news outlets, core flight simmers (you know, the people that will buy MSFS2024 outright, rather than use a pre-existing Game Pass sub, and generally a ton of add-ons, which MS will hope go through the Marketplace), and third party developers would have created a lot more positivity and not wasted a substantial amount of MS' time addressing key concerns.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

24 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Yet the decision to release the trailer at Xbox showcase event without engagement with other flight sim groups antagonised a lot of people—something that is still being felt now on the official forums.

Delivering simultaneous info to flight sim news outlets, core flight simmers (you know, the people that will buy MSFS2024 outright, rather than use a pre-existing Game Pass sub, and generally a ton of add-ons, which MS will hope go through the Marketplace), and third party developers would have created a lot more positivity and not wasted a substantial amount of MS' time addressing key concerns.

And if they said everything all at once, you'd probably get upset at them for having nothing much to say at FSExpo. There's just no winning with the flight sim community in some instances. Some of those concerns should have been settled by common sense but we just like to moan at everything any chance we get. Anyone still upset at them at this pont, just needs to grow up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1