Sign in to follow this  
Captain Joe

Showing incorrect AIRAC cycle after update to 2.6.4.2

After updating my AIRAC using the Navigraph FMS Data manager to 2307 and starting Pilot2ATC the AIRAC cycle is coming up as 2101. I decided to uninstall Pilot2ATC along with my original folder on my C drive and reinstall a new full version restarted Pilot2ATC and the AIRAC came up as 1801 which is what I expected. I exited out of Pilot2ATC when back into the Navigraph FMS Data Manager manually pointed the update to the new folder created and upon reopening Pilot2ATC it is still reading AIRAC 2101. The current AIRAC is 2307 so I'm not sure if it has been updated.

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this issue or how I can correct something on my end if I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

37 minutes ago, Captain Joe said:

After updating my AIRAC using the Navigraph FMS Data manager to 2307 and starting Pilot2ATC the AIRAC cycle is coming up as 2101. I decided to uninstall Pilot2ATC along with my original folder on my C drive and reinstall a new full version restarted Pilot2ATC and the AIRAC came up as 1801 which is what I expected. I exited out of Pilot2ATC when back into the Navigraph FMS Data Manager manually pointed the update to the new folder created and upon reopening Pilot2ATC it is still reading AIRAC 2101. The current AIRAC is 2307 so I'm not sure if it has been updated.

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this issue or how I can correct something on my end if I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Same issue here also. I found if you manually download the AIRAC data from Navigraph,com and install it that seems to fix it.

Edited by Grand_Pubah
additional information
  • Like 1

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

If you  go  to the  nav web  site  and  manually  download  the  one  for  p2a and  run  the  exe  it  will update  it  for  you   or make  sure  you  have  made  the  right  path    for it  to update  after  the last update   for  the  nav  fms  data  base

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you very much Grand & Pete! Just tried it and it worked. Hopefully this will be fixed by the next cycle otherwise will use this method again that is if I can remember! Lol

Edited by Captain Joe

1 hour ago, Captain Joe said:

Thank you very much Grand & Pete! Just tried it and it worked. Hopefully this will be fixed by the next cycle otherwise will use this method again that is if I can remember! Lol

glad it  worked out  just out of interest  was  your  path correct  in  the  fms  data base

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It happens too with the PFPX Navdata, it shows an incorrect AIRAC in the files (2101), but a correct one (2307) inside PFPX (Professional Flight Planner X). Something to be sorted out by Navigraph

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The cycle_info.txt file should not be used by addon developers according to NG and is no longer updated, it was only for Navigraphs use, PFPX has never made use of that file as the cycle information is contained in the navdata file.

Richard has stated that from 2308 the cycle_info.txt file will be removed from distribution completely.

SimToolkitPro had the same issue a couple of days ago, they released an update to address it. Probably they were using cycle_info.txt too on previous versions.

The cycle_info.txt file, that includes the End User caution to not use the data for real navigation, has been updated each cycle with correct dates and cycle numbers for the almost 10 years that P2A has been using Navigraph data.  An identical file is also published by NavDataPro with their information.  This file has been used by P2A and many other addons to determine the data provider and the cycle number and valid dates.

If you download the manual installer from Navigraph, the file is updated there and will display properly after you do the install. 

According to Navigraph they have now decided not to maintain this file and will no longer include it in their data distributions, and that it was always meant to be for their internal use only.  They also have said they will update the P2A database to include the same information. 

Once that happens, we will update the program to get the needed information a different way.  IN the meantime, you can just install the latest version and ignore the display of the cycle number.

Dave

Thank you for the explanation Dave...very much appreciated! To answer your question Pete, yes my path within Navigraph is set to the correct directory if this is your question. I'll check my FMS on my next flight and update.

• Like 1

Hello again Pete, flew a flight yesterday and yes my FMS was showing the current cycle. Looks like the problem is only affecting P2A at this point.

The 2.7.0.0 Beta 3 has a temporary fix for this until Navigraph adds the needed data to P2As database...hopefully before the next cycle is out.

Dave