Sign in to follow this  
graemeb

Support email not working

I lodged a support request via your website on 1 July 2023 regarding the Stec-55X gauge showing a "Gauge is not registered" message. I had a reply from Billy Winburn on 4th July that "we''ll look into this". The request was numbered 7228.

Since then - no further messages. If I try to reply to his email, I get an error message

"Mail Delivery System:

The following message to <support@mindstaraviation.com> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [DM6NAM10FT019.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com 2023-07-18T22:54:56.670Z 08DB87B0FC290228]'

"

Can you please let me know if there is a problem with your email address, and why my request for assistance it is taking so long?

Thanks,

Graeme

Edited by graemeb

Graeme Butler

I suspect the email issue revolves around Microsoft's Exchange Server bug that was reported recently.

As for response timing, I can try to find out what is going on... I do know that EAA Oshkosh is next week and there's a lot of work going into that as we work with EAA's Pilot Proficiency Center.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Can you confirm that the STEC is the only gauge you're having a licensing issue with?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

Yes - as far as I can tell, all my other Mindstar gauges are working (G1000, GNS430, Avidyne Entegra, KAP140). It is only the STEC-55X that has an error message.

Graeme Butler

Ok, I will see if I can find something out regarding that.  Give me a bit of time as next week is EAA's AirVenture and our people are busy there for the week.  I apologize for the timing.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

No worries - it is not urgent - just wanted to make sure the issue was still being investigated.

Graeme Butler

Hi all,

Any update when the support email will be working again? I'm getting the same error from multiple sending accounts.

Your latest reply to Support was in regards to requesting a refund for the Home license you had purchased... is this correct?  If so, are you using the same email address to reply that you used to initiate the ticket?

UPDATE: You are replying to your support ticket using a different email address than the one you used to open the support ticket.

Edited by WarpD

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That's one I'm waiting on a reply to.

I've tried to send another this morning and get the error 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [DM6NAM10FT036.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com 2023-08-16T23:28:44.449Z 08DB9E2EFFD9463B]. I've tried from three different sending domains (GMail, Office365, and a private one), all the same error.

Our servers are Microsoft's... so, there's pretty much nothing we can do to them.

A 550.5.4.1 error means:

The email server that's generating the error doesn't accept email from the sender's domain (for example, @fabrikam.com). This error is generally caused by email server or DNS misconfiguration.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I've tried sending from @outlook.com and @gmail.com, if that's getting blocked there's definitely an issue at your end. I'm happy to provide the raw non delivery report if there's an alternate address I can send it to?

At a guess there's a routing rule in place rejecting external domains https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/troubleshoot/email-delivery/ndr/fix-error-code-550-5-4-1-in-exchange-online

3 hours ago, WarpD said:

Your latest reply to Support was in regards to requesting a refund for the Home license you had purchased... is this correct?  If so, are you using the same email address to reply that you used to initiate the ticket?

UPDATE: You are replying to your support ticket using a different email address than the one you used to open the support ticket.

I am not using a different email address, it was the first one I tried. I gave examples of @gmail and @outlook as other domains which really should work as ones which aren't.

Edited by mattdwen
Spelling

Your original support request came from a GMail account... all subsequent emails from you came from a domain ending in .nz

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

And from @outlook.com, Please note the the FOR EMAIL ADMINISTRATORS section - your email server is reporting that the support inbox does not exist. It gives instructions on how to fix this.

BN7NAM10FT094.mail.protection.outlook.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

support@mindstaraviation.com (support@mindstaraviation.com)
Your message was rejected by the recipient's domain because the recipient's email address isn't listed in the domain's directory. It might be misspelled or it might not exist. Try to fix the problem by doing one or more of the following:

1. Send the message again - delete and retype the address before resending. If your email program automatically suggests an address to use, don't select it - type the complete email address.
  2. Clear the recipient Auto-Complete List in your email program by following the steps in this article. Then resend the message.

For Email Administrators
Directory based edge blocking is enabled for the recipient's organization and the recipient wasn't found in their directory. If the sender is using the correct address but continues to experience the problem, contact the recipient's email admin and tell them about the problem. To fix this they should resynchronize their on-premises and cloud directories.

BN7NAM10FT094.mail.protection.outlook.com gave this error:
Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [BN7NAM10FT094.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com 2023-08-17T20:32:27.081Z 08DB9F24E4BCCAC2]