Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

Realistic Day/Night transition worth the Upgrade to V6

1 hour ago, Sparkrite said:

Yep, that's it, exactly !

How this passed beta testing is beyond me, it's horrible looking.

HiFi is already aware about it and tries to get it more realistic under specific weather conditions. This seems to be a new transition layer.

• Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

I see the brown smog sometimes, but not everywhere. It is very noticeable when it is there though. A

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

2 hours ago, BerndB said:

Hi Ray, i´ve not much time to check that particularly since, but what i´ve seen so far only a few Stars (or Planets like Venus) apear when the Sun is nearly behind the Horizon. It´s may not as good as this is done by Asobo, but it´s way better as in V5 or V4.

Asobo working on P3D? Really? Or do you mean it’s not as good as in MSFS?

I’m not really interested in what happens in that sim. From what @jcomm has said it’s much better.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Asobo working on P3D? Really? Or do you mean it’s not as good as in MSFS?

I’m not really interested in what happens in that sim. From what @jcomm has said it’s much better.

Well, Ray, my intention was to give an Idea how it looks, taking into account you personaly may have seen what others can provide from a technical point of view. But i didn´t want somebody may feels invited for another exhausting comparison between this and that one, just not using the triggering words. 😉 

I think i have also clearly said it´s much better. 

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

6 minutes ago, BerndB said:

think i have also clearly said it´s much better. 

That's reassuring, thanks Bernd. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Has anyone seen LM acknowledge the  issue of dark dawn/dusk? Would really hope to see that fixed. Makes the sim unusable at those times. I’ve seen a lot of people being it up, including on the P3D official forums, but nothing from LM. 

16 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

Has anyone seen LM acknowledge the  issue of dark dawn/dusk? Would really hope to see that fixed. Makes the sim unusable at those times. I’ve seen a lot of people being it up, including on the P3D official forums, but nothing from LM. 

That´s usual for LM to not comenting or confirm on every issue found. At least they get these informations thru many channels like here, from developers and on their own forums and put them on their to do list, if there is a way to get it corrected by them.

Bernd

35 minutes ago, BerndB said:

That´s usual for LM to not comenting or confirm on every issue found. At least they get these informations thru many channels like here, from developers and on their own forums and put them on their to do list, if there is a way to get it corrected by them.

Fair. Well here’s hoping it’s something’s that’s possible to address. I’m staying on v5 until that is settled. 

On 7/22/2023 at 9:45 AM, Sparkrite said:

Anybody else seeing a lightish brown haze/fog on the horizon nearly everywhere?

Can't seem to get rid of it.

I am using the latest versions of ASCA and ASP6.

Yes. Under certain conditions it looks like a layer of doo-doo.
Also have ASP6/ASCA. Wonder if Damian could fix this?