Sign in to follow this  
Lidan

737 pmdg overwork

Hello, everybody I have a big problem with the 737 I fly the 900 er engine overworked at cruising and climbing at cruising I get 95% of trust with only 58 zfw end 13 tons of fuel I tried everything I checked thousand times with tutorials. I don’t do nothing wrong, but I can’t solve it please help me.

The first question would be, how high are you trying to climb?  On the cruise page of the FMC you'll see two altitudes listed: optimum and max.  You really don't want to climb much above optimum.  You likely will not be able to climb above max.

Andrew Crowley

It's probably me, but what exactly is the problem ?

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Got any screenshots or videos pointing out your issue, as I'm sensing this probably comes down to misunderstanding the 737

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

The first question would be, how high are you trying to climb?  On the cruise page of the FMC you'll see two altitudes listed: optimum and max.  You really don't want to climb much above optimum.  You likely will not be able to climb above max.

I’m flying optimal conditions always and do an Econ climb

3 hours ago, willy647 said:

It's probably me, but what exactly is the problem ?

Not just you - I had the same response...lol

Oh, I think I get it?

High engine thrust setting at cruise - are you sure the gear, flaps and or spoilers aren't deployed? Thrust (using autothrottle and VNAV or FLT LVL Change) will always be high during climb. If you are using a really high cost index, or set a high cruise mach setting you will see high thrust. I think I've only ever seen around 90% in cruise, and it's usually more like 80% - 85%. Thrust required to cruise at a given speed will also vary depending on altitude.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, somiller said:

Not just you - I had the same response...lol

Oh, I think I get it?

High engine thrust setting at cruise - are you sure the gear, flaps and or spoilers aren't deployed? Thrust (using autothrottle and VNAV or FLT LVL Change) will always be high during climb. If you are using a really high cost index, or set a high cruise mach setting you will see high thrust. I think I've only ever seen around 90% in cruise, and it's usually more like 80% - 85%. Thrust required to cruise at a given speed will also vary depending on altitude.

I’m climbing and cruising Econ mode and do takeoff and climb derate when the aircraft switch from TO trust to CLB it starts from something around 94% and after 20,000 feet is very close to 100 sometimes it’s past 100% and that cruising between 96 to 94 and not like you said 80% to 90% it’s can be a problem in the throttle quadrant of logitech

Just a suggestion, but why don't you ask this question over at the PMDG forum? 

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

1 hour ago, jrw4 said:

Just a suggestion, but why don't you ask this question over at the PMDG forum? 

I couldn’t publish there. I tried

1 hour ago, Lidan said:

I couldn’t publish there. I tried

Why not?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

With 94% - 96% thrust in cruise at what altitude and mach value are you cruising?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Thrust around 100% during climb is normal. If thrust is 95-ish% during cruise and you're maintaining speed you're probably going very fast or flying close to max altitude, maybe a combination of that or even very high headwinds. If you put in a high CI you will still be fast in cruise even if you're flying at ECON cruise for that CI.

Need more info; screenshots of the relevant FMC pages and displays would be helpful to spot if something is off in the setup.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

11 hours ago, Lidan said:

I’m flying optimal conditions always and do an Econ climb

But what altitude are you climbing to, compared to optimum and max?  It's not about the conditions you're climbing in, but what altitude you're trying to reach, reference your weight and speed.

Andrew Crowley

4 hours ago, somiller said:

With 94% - 96% thrust in cruise at what altitude and mach value are you cruising?0.79/fl350