Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Live Traffic

39 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Q. Do I have to start RealTraffic in Spotter Mode first and then change to PSXT or I can start in PSXT mode right away? 

You can leave it in PSXT mode and start the next time without making changes.

Well. i spoke too soon. Once again, no live traffic after FL100. This time the trick cycling to Live traffic then back to PSXT didn’t work. I don’t know what is going on. I spoke to my colleague as well, he noticed same behavior. Is it possible to see Traffic stream as Live 0 in yellow font because there are no traffic in the vicinity which meet the criteria to be visible visually and on TCAS? 

Edited by skysurfer

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

this a pb with your end. 

Just install 2.0, no change parameters.

Use FSLTL and IVAO traffic. 

Use REAL WEATHER and REAL TIME.

about 65 traffic after departure and 20 during cruise with AUTOMATIC RANGE.

Impressive good matching!

This is exactly what I have been doing. I have no problems with any other applications on my PC, so my computer is fine. 

Edited by skysurfer

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

OK. Every time I use PSXT on PMDG 737, the airplane freezes after landing with no exemption. I am going to hold off using this software till this problem is resolved. 

OK. I have done 10 flights over the weekends. If I use PSXT and RealTraffic, my 737 (PMDG MSFS2020) becomes unresponsive after landing. Landed 5 times at different airports, she froze up 5 times. Landed 5 times without RealTraffic and PSXT, no issues. Spoke to my friends who use RealTraffic, they reported exactly same issue. I have a feeling PMDG 737 is not fully compatible with the 737. 

2 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Spoke to my friends who use RealTraffic, they reported exactly same issue. I have a feeling PMDG 737 is not fully compatible with the 737. 

Nonsens, I fly the PMDG B738 without problems. There is certainly a problem with your rig. The behaviour of the user aircraft is totally independent from PSXTraffic or RealTraffic. PSXTraffic controls live aircraft, not the user aircraft.

Note that PSXT exists more than 7 years now, severe bugs are very unlikely.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, skysurfer said:

. I am going to hold off using this software till this problem is resolved. 

Then you can wait long, the problem is at your end 😉   

You reported all kinds of problems in this thread, problems no one else have reported. Maybe it is an idea do a clean install of PSXTraffic and RealTraffic?

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LOL. I'm very sorry, @skysurfer - but it seems very obvious, that you have an issue at your end. Either with your computer (most likely) or with some kind of networked setup (Firewall etc). I've been using PSXT + RealTraffic for many years now - both in P3D and in MSFS and it's been working flawlessly - and still is. 

In all troubleshooting, you should always assume, that there's something wrong with your system or you're doing something wrong (at least that's my approach). Maybe you should follow the advice of @kiek and try a FULL re-install of both PSXT and RealTraffic. Uninstall both programs and delete any residual folders/settings which are left over. Then restart your computer. Install PSXT (download the newest for MSFS just to be sure) and then install RealTraffic (again - download the newest, just in case). Take it one step at a time. Also make sure, that any firewall/antivirus programs are fully aware of the both PSXT and RealTraffic and make sure, that they aren't blocking or quarantining any files or folders. If the problems persists after the above steps, then maybe you could have system corruption (in the Windows file system) or hardware failure/malfunction. These are of course in the extreme scenarios.

Also, it's quite irrelevant, what addon or aircraft you're flying in the sim. As @kiek said above, neither PSXT or RealTraffic have any influence or relevance of what plane you as the player is flying. As I said in the beginning, I've been using PSXT and RealTraffic with both PMDG, Fenix, FBW Airbus, stock aircraft etc - without any issues or any difference in operations, when it comes to the performance of PSXT and RealTraffic.

Good luck. Hope you track down the issue. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have no idea why it does not work with this particular aircraft. I went to PMDG forum and I noticed other people reporting same issues. Not all if them use RealTraffic but many of them reported issues when they see bunch of traffic on TCAS on final and after landing. 
I don’t believe there is something wrong with my PC. As I said, couple of my friends reported same problem with only this aircraft. So all of us have a bad PCs then? 
I reinstalled RealTraffic and PSXT 5 times already. 

8 hours ago, kiek said:

Nonsens, I fly the PMDG B738 without problems. There is certainly a problem with your rig. The behaviour of the user aircraft is totally independent from PSXTraffic or RealTraffic. PSXTraffic controls live aircraft, not the user aircraft.

Note that PSXT exists more than 7 years now, severe bugs are very unlikely.

Same, there is no problem with the PMDG 737, 738, 739, and I'm on a system 7yrs old. The only problem I experience is my CPU can't handle heavy traffic, and I lose some fps, but never below 15-20 fps even at INI Heathrow. Empty your community folder except for the PMDG and AIG and try it again. Next thing would be to install FSLTL and try that instead of AIG.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I am following a topic in PMDG forum. Many people said it could be because of the traffic on TCAS. The suggestion is to turn off TA/RA and use TA only. This helped many people. I am checking it now. 
I already installed FSLT. 
I did full MSFS reinstall few days ago. Same issue. Will see if this TA suggestion will help. 
Thanks for help. 

1 hour ago, skysurfer said:

I did full MSFS reinstall few days ago. 

Holy Moly...I haven't touched my MSFS installation since August 18th, 2020, the day it was released. It has survived 12 SUs, a bunch of WUs and yesterday I updated Fenix over its old package. 

Ok. I know a lot if talking here. I am just trying to make this work. Changed TARA to TA. No issues. Doing another flight to check if this is a solution for now.