Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

Fenix A320v2 - Update for MCE needed?

Did this update make any changes that would require an MCE patch? I'm reluctant to install.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Not downloaded the update yet, so can't say. Maybe others can chime in.

In any case, MCE being an open project with no end in sight, just perform a full re-install this time, using V3.0.5.5 (ignore website listed version)

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

If there is any issue with any supported aircraft, we'll just have to update a couple of files via a patch.

59 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Not downloaded the update yet, so can't say. Maybe others can chime in.

In any case, MCE being an open project with no end in sight, just perform a full re-install this time, using V3.0.5.5 (ignore website listed version)

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

If there is any issue with any supported aircraft, we'll just have to update a couple of files via a patch.

Thanks! I ran a quick test earlier commanding random switches and it seemed to work just fine.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Works fine here as well.

Fenix have added the Calls buttons on the overhead panel. Would be nice if MCE could add these as well, in particular the "ALL" button which is used to get the cabin ready for takeoff/landing.

Edited by RALF9636

I just returned to the Fenix after "update"?? (The Airbus not myself!)

The Air Speed Dialing doesnt work so I guess I need an updated MCE?

The .4 version on the website is stated as a "Demo"?

Can we have an updated version please?

Cheers!

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

I just returned to the Fenix after "update"?? (The Airbus not myself!)

The Air Speed Dialing doesnt work so I guess I need an updated MCE?

The .4 version on the website is stated as a "Demo"?

Can we have an updated version please?

Cheers!

Actually what is called Demo on the website is in fact the full version if you have the license. At least it was when I downloaded it.

• Like 1

F/O doesn't recognize anti ice and apu status during the checklist.

Also, what was the .ini line to suppress automatic flow announcements again?

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Also, what was the .ini line to suppress automatic flow announcements again?

Thanks for the report.

Here is the option. Default enabled. Set 0 to disable

AutoNotifyOnSilentFlowStart=0

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 9:22 PM, FS++ said:

Thanks for the report.

The flap commands on the Fenix need urgent work. F/O constantly sets the flaps wrong, e.g. calling "flaps 1" after a flaps 2 takeoff, the F/O sets the flaps to 0, or sets them to full when calling for flaps 3 on landing.

On 8/16/2023 at 6:55 PM, threegreen said:

I can confirm that. But I'm not sure if the issue is new because I used to have "no item status check" on.

On 8/18/2023 at 6:41 PM, threegreen said:

The flap commands on the Fenix need urgent work. F/O constantly sets the flaps wrong, e.g. calling "flaps 1" after a flaps 2 takeoff, the F/O sets the flaps to 0, or sets them to full when calling for flaps 3 on landing.

For me flaps commands work fine.

On 8/20/2023 at 12:08 AM, FS++ said:

Installed. Didn't notice any difference. Flaps were still being set to 0 instead of 1 (from flaps 2), and APU as well as anti-ice states not recognized during the checklist.

On 8/22/2023 at 4:08 PM, threegreen said:

Installed. Didn't notice any difference. Flaps were still being set to 0 instead of 1 (from flaps 2), and APU as well as anti-ice states not recognized during the checklist.

Patch replace. Please re-download using same link.

Should sort out reported issues except maybe for "anti-ice" where there might be some misunderstanding. Fo can check engine anti-ice correctly. Unless you mean he needs to check the wing-anti-ice as well.

If using a custom checklist, please write the line referring to anti-ice. Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Should sort out reported issues except maybe for "anti-ice" where there might be some misunderstanding. Fo can check engine anti-ice correctly. Unless you mean he needs to check the wing-anti-ice as well.

If using a custom checklist, please write the line referring to anti-ice. Thanks

The line is

Anti-ice -- _

With the underscore so I reply either on or off depending on the situation. When I say off, the F/O responds with "check that item again" even it is indeed off.

On 8/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, threegreen said:

The line is

Anti-ice -- _

With the underscore so I reply either on or off depending on the situation. When I say off, the F/O responds with "check that item again" even it is indeed off.

Best to use

[ ]Anti-ice   -- As required.

You can then reply "as required" or. "as desired" and Fo will assume you have it set as required.

You can reply with "on" or other variants like "enabled", "activated" and FO will ensure it's ON

Similarly, could reply with "off" or other variants and FO will make sure it's as you said.

The underscore switches the speech engine to "dictation" mode which isn't reliable. It may or may not pick-up "on" or "off" and MCE has no way to check unexpected reply to some expected setting. So, use underscore only for items where Fo isn't expected to check anything and that gives you the freedom to say anything you want.

• Like 1