Sign in to follow this  
prolixindec

Start flights with Live Weather enabled?

Is there a way to enable Live Weather as a default, so that it is turned on automatically at the beginning of every flight?

(New to MSFS, thanks.)

Edited by prolixindec

Set Live Weather in the main menu. MSFS saves this setting. It doesn't save when you set it from the tool bar during flight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Set Live Weather in the main menu. MSFS saves this setting. It doesn't save when you set it from the tool bar during flight.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm confused.
I have Live Weather set to On in my options, yet it's not on when I start a flight. Bringing up the weather pop-up and turning on Live Weather sees a definite differential change. I don't get it. Any ideas please most welcome.

Thanks

When you start a flight (in the world menu), make sure live weather is selected there. This is saved as the default setting.
Whatever you select as the weather at the start of your flight will be the default for the next flight, regardless of the setting in the options menu.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

When you start a flight, and you are on the first page where you are going to selct the departing airport, on the upper right you will see a box that says flight conditions. Click on that, now you get a screen that allows you to select Multi-player, Traffic and Weather and time. On the weather and time box, select Live.  Now you will always start with Live weather. If you override live weather with a weather p[reset later on, you will have to select Live weather again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thank you Ralf, that worked for me.

• Like 2