Sign in to follow this  
Trey34

Called Gamestop about Acceleration- Funny and Sad

Guest JIMJAM

So I just call the local Gamestop.I ask if the new expansion for Microsoft Flight Sim came in today.She said, "Whats it called"I repeated my question.She ask, "What is it?"I tell here its a expansion for Microsofts flight sim.She says " Im sorry , We only sell games here. You must have the wrong number.":-eek I told her I could not beleive she works there and has no clue that Microsoft has a flight simulator and she has never heard of it.Ive predicted this years ago.What was once walls of computer games have now shrunk down and before long,the computer titles will be kept in a small dusty box under the counter.

yeah Gamestop is really a console-gamers haven these days....I usually turn to Best Buy or Walmart for PC games now...and even they don;'t have much anymore :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank goodness for the internet and internet stores then that's all I can say. I almost buy all PC software online now.I'll agree, places like gamestop etc... are all about the consoles, but there is still a strong demand for PC games, hopefully the 2 platforms will merge as TV resolution increases and finally create the perfect synergy between the PC, console and that expensive 52" HDTV box in my living room.With home networks and sling boxes, 32 core PC's etc...., I can see all this merging within the decade hopefully and eliminating the need to have a separate "gaming" console.

Guest JIMJAM

I figure in the time it takes you to read this, Gamestop sold 100 copies of Halo,50 copies of guitar hero and made fun of the rest who ask about Acceleration.You should have heard the response a while ago when I dropped in and ask about Silent Hunter 3.The guy shows me Big Game Hunter which is a cheapo deer hunting game.When I told him it was submarines he was like, Whaaaaaat? You kiddin me right. A game with subs..What do ya do shoot sharks and stuff underwater. How do you see. That would be like killer.I guess at 40 Im really not so hip after all.

Guest Rockcliffe

>I guess at 40 Im really not so hip after all.Yeah, but guys like us would wipe the floor with those snotty-nosed clerks on PacMan or Pong!

>When I told him it was submarines he was like, Whaaaaaat? You>kiddin me right. A game with subs..What do ya do shoot sharks>and stuff underwater. How do you see. That would be like>killer.>I guess at 40 Im really not so hip after all.:-lol That's hilarious; I'm celebrating my 55th birthday today and you've gotten it off to a very humourous start! Thanks for the laugh,

Ken

>So I just call the local Gamestop.>I ask if the new expansion for Microsoft Flight Sim came in>today.>She said, "Whats it called">I repeated my question.>She ask, "What is it?">I tell here its a expansion for Microsofts flight sim.>She says " Im sorry , We only sell games here. You must have>the wrong number.":-eek >I told her I could not beleive she works there and has no clue>that Microsoft has a flight simulator and she has never heard>of it.>Ive predicted this years ago.>What was once walls of computer games have now shrunk down and>before long,the computer titles will be kept in a small dusty>box under the counter.Yeap PC games are dying. PC's are to hard for most people to use and take care of at home, so those pos game boxes sell like hotcakes. And all the games cost more too. What a rip off!

:-lol That's hilarious; I'm celebrating my 55th birthday today and you've gotten it off to a very humourous start! Thanks for the laugh,HEY, Happy Birthday! I'm celebrating my 54th today.I needed a good laugh. Now I can tell my wife I'm NOT playing a game when I'm flying the desk. LOL