Sign in to follow this  
RayHff

Miami City X Uninstall

Should be an uninstall program or give the Windows 'Add or remove programs' feature a try.. 

If no,t you can download Revo Uninstaller Free and use it to uninstall Miami X.  Just be careful too aggressive a post uninstall scan and you can remove more than you want.

Ernest Pergrem

On the install, it was automatic.  I just ran the program.

It was After the fact, I realized it had no uninstall instructions.

While it shows up in File Explorer as a folder, it does nor appear in the addon list as seen when running FSX.  So you can't delete it there.

If you just delete the addon Miami X folder via File Explorer, FSX cites it as a missing file the next time you load FSX.

Windows "add or remove" is no option.

I'm hopeful someone has a way to uninstall this without using another program that's new to me.

Are you sure there is no Miami X listed in the FSX Library?  That would be where it needs to be delete first, then the Miami X folder itself.

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It is not listed in the library but there is a subdirectory of Miami City X in the FSX addon directory.

Something strange.

I tried deleting the subdirectory; but, from then on, when you boot FSX it states there's a missing file.

(I've been enjoying FSX for many, many years and this is a new one on me.)

Very odd, indeed!  If the folder is deleted before removing from the Library, that's when you get the message of a missing file!

Was this the Miami X that is now offered for free by SimMarket created in 2011?  Did this software have an automatic installer that put the files into place rather than having you do it manually?  I still suspect something in the FSX Library that may not be labeled Miami X that needs to be deleted first.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It was an automatic installer and I'm on WIndows 11.

My file came from Flightsim.com.

I tried this:

1.  Manually edited the scenery.cfg file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX by deleting the Miami City X section.
2.  Deleted the Miami City X folder from addon scenery in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery.
3.  Deleted the Filelistindex.DAT in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
4.  Ran FSX giving it time to rebuild index.

Ran fine; but, on any restart, even though no scenery is there, Miami City X is still flagged as a missing file.

Was it this one, Ray?

FSX/P3D Scenery Miami City X By Drzewiecki Design?

I was looking at the install instruction that said it is an auto-installer that puts it into the FSX Scenery Library.

Charlie Aron

Give Revo Uninstaller Free a try.  Specify Forced Uninstall and select the MIami X folder when prompted for file or folder.

Ernest Pergrem

This seems to be the way other DD sceneries work as well. I'm in the process of uninstalling their other cities and I've stalled to this point. Just remove to bin?

After reading this post I went to the Windows 10 Control Panel and checked installed programs list and none of my Drzewiecki Design cities are listed there, I have four of them.  Guess I have to uninstall manually if I ever needed to.  I don't understand why the dev just didn't add an uninstaller.  It's not that complicated of a thing for a developer to do.