Sign in to follow this  
longhaul747

Fenix A320 AP Push/Pull problem?

I have had an interesting problem ever since I installed the Fenix A320 V2.  The Autopilot works perfectly fine except I can't push or pull things like the Heading Mode and Vertical Speed mode.  I can turn them like normal using my mouse but I can't push/pull the button's.  I scroll over the buttons and I can get the little arrow up or arrow down but when I click any mouse button nothing happens.  The arrows sort of blink like they don't know what is going on. 

It has been a long while since I flown the Fenix A320 but got back into it when V2 was released.  Push/Pull used to work just fine on older builds but not V2.  I actually don't think its Fenix but perhaps some sort of bug related to the white dot problem.  I remember in the past the arrows used to be smooth and this made pushing and pulling a simple affair.  So it maybe a MSFS problem!

It is set to Legacy for mouse control.  Out of curiosity I tried Lock and I pretty much lost all mouse control.  So Legacy is correct but not working well in the Fenix A320.  Anyone else having this issue?  Only time I really needed it so far was changing altitudes.  Once the AP levels off it won't let you change altitude without going manual because I can't get the push/pull to work on the Vertical Speed knob.    

Autopilot (FCU) Knobs do not work.

There is a conflicting mod installed.

If your Autopilot knobs on the FCU do not respond to any input and do not turn whatsoever, you have a conflicting mod installed. The Fly-By-Wire A32NX version 0.4.2 and earlier conflict with the Fenix A320. You must update to at least version 0.5.0 or greater to resolve this conflict.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, longhaul747 said:

I can turn them like normal using my mouse but I can't push/pull the button's.  I scroll over the buttons and I can get the little arrow up or arrow down but when I click any mouse button nothing happens.  The arrows sort of blink like they don't know what is going on. 

I experienced something like this recently. The up/down arrow started blinking as I hovered over the button and I wasn't able to push or pull. I found by clicking repeatedly, I was eventually able execute the action. It's been an intermittent problem, not occurring in every flight and has nothing to do with a conflicting addon.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Its definitely not a conflict with the Fly-By-Wire mod as I don't have it installed.  When I take my mouse and place it over the buttons the little turn circle pops up and flashes but rotating the knobs is not an issue.  When I go to the center of the button I get an up arrow if I am up towards the top that flashes or a down arrow if I am towards the bottom.  However clicking on hardly ever works but occasionally like mentioned above you will get a successful click and the switch will pop out or in but its pretty rare and random.  Definitely not reliable!

It used to work every time and you would not even think about it.  My mouse is an older Microsoft Mouse with left and right buttons and a center wheel.  I read a Q&A at fenixsim.com that mentioned you use the "Center Button" on your mouse to Push/Pull those knobs.  My center mouse wheel does act as a button but its kind of janky so it might be that.  However I am pretty sure in the past if you were getting an UP or DOWN arrow the left mouse button worked.  On one of my payware planes if you center over the knob the left mouse button pushes the knob in and the right pulls it out.  Might be the PMDG 737 that does this!

I think I got a cheap gaming mouse that came with my fancy gaming keyboard (funny how that works) that has more buttons and brand new.  So I might try that mouse during my troubleshooting today but I don't think its the mouse.  I don't think its even the Fenix A320 but something with one of the recent sim updates that coincidentally brought the white dot problem.  Ever since that update clicking things in the cockpit in general has become more troublesome.  Many buttons you have to click 2 or 3 times before they work in my experience!    

• Like 1

I may have solved this problem.  I replaced my old mouse that I really liked unfortunately it was very old.  I am not sure but I think it was introducing noise into the system.  I have noticed the past few weeks doing other task on my computer things were not going exactly right in regards to the mouse.  I often had to double click on stuff.  Its a 15 year old Microsoft Mouse that I really liked and just sort of kept on using it since it worked.  It has seen massive use all these years!

I installed a Corsair gaming mouse that came with my Corsair gaming keyboard I bought when I picked up this computer a few years ago.  Its kind of a cheap mouse and I don't expect it to last as long as my Microsoft mouse but at least the buttons work as they should and it has less noise.  

I took the A320 up for a test flight and the AP was working as it should including the Altitude and Heading modes.  Other switches seem to be working as well.  I will know tomorrow when I do a longer flight and program the FMS but so far so good.

• Like 1

NOT FIXED!

Did a flight from SEA-SLC and the autopilot Push/Pull gave me troubles again.  The new mouse has helped a little but those Push/Pull options on the autopilot is sure buggy.  I got it to work once when I changed altitude but only once.  It seems its a combination of being in the exact right spot and clicking at exactly the correct time. 

In previous versions of the sim it was butter smooth but in later versions its all flaky.  I still think it has something to do with the white dot bug.  The arrow is not smooth but flashes all the time.  I don't know if its a Fenix problem or a sim problem?  I get that flashing affect on other planes in the sim but clicks seem to work fine.

I don't know..about to give up and fly something else!

Hi there,

I have the same issue, and I am VERY confident that it has something to do with the white dot bug that cropped up on the avionics update recently. Since then I have had trouble when it comes to push/pull as well (even with v1),  if I click enough it does eventually register but still very annoying. I sometimes also get it in other planes as well. The blinking that you described coincides with how the white dot bug manifests itself in sim.

14 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

Hi there,

I have the same issue, and I am VERY confident that it has something to do with the white dot bug that cropped up on the avionics update recently. Since then I have had trouble when it comes to push/pull as well (even with v1),  if I click enough it does eventually register but still very annoying. I sometimes also get it in other planes as well. The blinking that you described coincides with how the white dot bug manifests itself in sim.

The white dot deal has been around for months. It happens to all aircraft in MSFS. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I am pretty sure its related to the white dot problem.  I know some fixes out there for it but I have not tried any of them yet and its not known if it fixes this issue?  The up and down arrow tends to flash on and off and trying to click it while its visual which I think will allow the knob to be pushed in or out is sort of like playing roulette.  Sometimes you get lucky but most of the time not.  

Next thing I am going to try and do is updating my video driver.  I believe NVidia released a new update and mine is one generation older.  Its a long shot but I have seen video drivers fix some bizarre issues before.  I will report it here!

After spending a fair amount of time researching the internet it pretty much looks like this issue affects some users and its related to the current and past few builds of MSFS and not the Fenix A320.  It definitely has something to do with the white dot problem.  Many have tried to fix it often blaming it on controller noise.  I have an old but good CH Flightstick USB that definitely puts out some noise.  One fix is to adjust your null zone outside of the noisy area if that makes any sense.  When the joystick or whatever else you are using puts out a lot of noise it triggers the white dot and the flashing mouse issue which are inner related.  Some have found success but others have not.  Some had it working great for a few days and later have the problem come back.  

Another fix with limited success is uninstalling your mouse driver and letting windows rebuild it.  Many who have tried this only had it work correctly for a short period of time.  In my case when I installed a new mouse it worked great for that sim session but the next day it was back to the same problem.  Another fix for some was tinkering with the Legacy mode.  Putting into Lock saving it and than placing back into Legacy and saving it.  Of coarse it often comes back!  

Bottom line its supposedly a fix in the works and we will see it hopefully in the next sim update.  Hopefully Asobo actually fixes it unlike a lot of supposed fixes they have done.  A few builds ago I never had the white dot and all of sudden its there with a vengeance and thinks work like garbage.  They definitely broke something!

UPDATE:

I just set my joystick dead zones at 4% which just covers up the controller noise and at least for now my Push/Pull functions are working perfectly.  Again at least for now!

Asobo still needs to fix this and at this point I have no idea if this affects my fly ability but YES those functions now work during a brief test at the gate.  

Edited by longhaul747

If you are finding that the Push Pull feature in the A320 no longer works check the General Options - Accessibility Setting - change to Legacy - that worked for me !

I never change those Mr Microsoft ! stop changing my settings - PS I fired my network administrator.  

I also note that in the A320 Fly by Wire there does not seem to be the highlighted knobs and buttons on mouse over-bummer.

Most importantly I cannot start the A320 FBW any longer ?? 

Please note that I defined my acronyms before using them.  Cuz I am cool Kid

I have always found that the push and pull is always there but if you don't hover exactly over the 1 pixel they give you then it can get frustrating quick 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU