Sign in to follow this  
sivart2000

Does the Asobo 747 EFB function?

I have tried many times to make it work

Edited by flyhalf

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Sadly no. But the 787 will get one with SU13.

So maybe the 747 gets one with SU14 ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

cheers 😉

Don't wait for it. Salty Mod is making one of the 747 I believe though.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:05 AM, pmplayer said:

cheers 😉

I partially solved the no EFB on a lot of aircraft by just using my tablet. I was highly annoyed that PMDG was making me buy a whole expansion pack for the 777 in P3D basically for an EFB and PBR on the exterior with no improvements in the office where most of us spend our sim time. If you have a tablet, You can get TOPER for performance calculations and I've found other apps and websites that provide performance calculations. Add to that an ATIS app and checklist apps and few braking distance programs that are available from the play store, and all the Navigraph maps and simbrief,  and you have much of the same function of an EFB in a real aircraft. 747 applicable apps aren't really available unfortunately. Not sure if the TOPER online covers the 747 or even exists anymore.

Now, one of the things Capt. Randazzo and his mini-me's might point out is the accuracy of the performance numbers provided by outside applications as opposed to the EFB they have been working on for what seems like a half a decade now but is progressing nicely 🤣. For me, as long as the numbers are close, I'm not type rated or anything so how would I know, it's the procedure involved in obtaining those numbers that really matters for learning purposes.

There really may be an opportunity here for someone with more coding skills than I have to make stand alone apps for ipads and android tablets or phones even that could provide that EFB functionality for specific aircraft without having to worry about coding the graphics interface and depiction and functionality into the actual flight simulator aircraft. Like a comprehensive app for the 777 for example that has all that functionality in one application instead of hunting up the necessary apps individually.