Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Flightbeam SFO

9 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

We already know its going to be nice but more previews? 

Hype nothing more and nothing less

14ppkc-6.png

Arrived into KSFO yesterday and departed today. Very bad performance on the ground! Even when I shut down AI traffic. Hopefully a 3rd party option will be better optimized. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

On 3/7/2024 at 8:53 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

Arrived into KSFO yesterday and departed today. Very bad performance on the ground! Even when I shut down AI traffic. Hopefully a 3rd party option will be better optimized. 

I am wondering why you have 'very bad performance on the ground'. Do you have any benchmarks for the airport eg. I'm getting about 30 fps in mine using an i7-8700k, 3060ti, 32 GB RAM, NVME drive with FSRealistic and Just Flight's Traffic running in the background.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 hour ago, bofhlusr said:

I am wondering why you have 'very bad performance on the ground'. Do you have any benchmarks for the airport eg. I'm getting about 30 fps in mine using an i7-8700k, 3060ti, 32 GB RAM, NVME drive with FSRealistic and Just Flight's Traffic running in the background.

Good question. It’s been a while since I wrote that, and I’ve done a lot of fine-tuning since then. Haven’t re-visited KSFO though. 

Just made a video from iniBuilds EGLL and performance with AI traffic is great. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 9:53 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

Even w/ AutoFPS?  KSFO is def hard on performance.  W/o FG I am able to stay over 40fps and if I can do that I am generally happy.  I'm hoping optimizations in 2024 improve this some more, but more so...dang it I wish I could use FG ☹️.  Definitely only getting half out of 4090 than I would like to get!  And most of all would love to be able to set native at 30 instead of 40 or 45.  That kind of headroom translates into less of those one-off stutters.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

54 minutes ago, Noel said:

Even w/ AutoFPS?  KSFO is def hard on performance.  W/o FG I am able to stay over 40fps and if I can do that I am generally happy.  I'm hoping optimizations in 2024 improve this some more, but more so...dang it I wish I could use FG ☹️.  Definitely only getting half out of 4090 than I would like to get!  And most of all would love to be able to set native at 30 instead of 40 or 45.  That kind of headroom translates into less of those one-off stutters.

I made that comment March 7th so it's kinda outdated. Arrived there a few days ago in iniBuilds A300, no performance issues. Currently at iniBuilds EGLL at getting FPS 95 in the Fenix cockpit, parked at the gate (no traffic of course). Performance in SU15 is very, very good. Btw that was just a test to check what FPS is with and without AI traffic. I normally lock FPS at 60-65. 

Always using AutoFPS, every single flight. It's become an invaluable companion 🙂 

@Noel can you use FG with just one monitor? 40 FPS w/o FG is not bad at all, especially at major hubs. 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@Noel can you use FG with just one monitor? 40 FPS w/o FG is not bad at all, especially at major hubs. 

Yes as mentioned in a couple of threads the issue is 100% related to having a 2nd screen attached.  Unfortunately I really need the 2nd screen but yes a solid 40 decent for sure.  And in lesser scenarios can run much higher native mode.  Maybe a fix will come I sure hope so because running native at 30 or 35 w/ FG on is pretty much ideal.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Noel said:

Maybe a fix will come I sure hope so because running native at 30 or 35 w/ FG on is pretty much ideal.

Been experimenting over the last few days, bottlenecking the CPU with as much AI traffic as it can handle (FSLTL+FSHud). It can handle a fair bit, but I prefer not doing so, as this ruins my FTV-Nirvana. So I’m pretty sure I’ll return to flat frametime graph and less traffic. I’m an addict, lol

I did some tests yesterday with FG off and native around 30-35 - it was not bad, but it’s tricky since I’ve gotten used to 60. Smoothness is the same though as the system is just as much mainthread-limited.

Just doing a short hop from Heathrow to Schiphol. I’m fairly sure that’ll be the nail in the coffin for the excessive AI traffic experiments.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I did some tests yesterday with FG off and native around 30-35 - it was not bad, but it’s tricky since I’ve gotten used to 60. Smoothness is the same though as the system is just as much main thread-limited.

I managed to improve FG here w/ the two screen issue as it relates to what I have called 'strobing'.  It's probably 70% improved such that it does not become the show stopper any more.  But things like PMDG's black and white FMC screens really wobble when panning and it's not good at all.  So after a brief foray again w/ FG it's back off again. By the time you get to 40 it's not bad at all here as it eliminates the issues w/ 2 screens completely and TBH panning is perhaps better than at FG 60, go figure.  I did discover I had AMD's version of hyperthreading on by default, and turning that (SMT) off improved the native frame rate substantially.  So locking at 40 should be great everywhere, and higher in most places no problem at all. 

I think what I will do is disconnect the 2nd display and see how FG is then and run CapFrameX.  Right now FTV is beyond poor even in native only mode which I'm hoping isn't to do with Ryzen.  Do we have any verified excellent FTV reports with Ryzen 7800x3D users?  TBH it feels very smooth but CFX output doesn't correlate at all.

Edited by Noel

Noel

Good Lord, mystification persists!

Well I disconnected the 2nd screen and FG was actually worse!  I'm really puzzled now!  So I did a clean boot, main screen only, during taxi at KDEN in 738 unlocked rate was around 68 or so which was great, right?  But no FSLTL for this test, hence the high native rate.  So locked at 45 with lots of headroom, do a 10-minute taxi and takeoff and here's what we get.  It's not the 4090 because w/ my 9900K had sterling FTV.  It's this 7800X3D system and not sure where to look as everything seems fine other wise in terms of temps, stock settings, it's ramping up clock rate as it's supposed to, etc.  Frame rate is decent but this FTV is horrid!  Latest BIOS, memory test solid.  Don't know where to look!

7800x3-D-4090-no-FG-no-2nd-screen-Stutte

7800x3-D-4090-no-FG-no-2nd-screen.png

Noel

3 hours ago, Noel said:

It's not the 4090 because w/ my 9900K had sterling FTV.  It's this 7800X3D system and not sure where to look as everything seems fine other wise in terms of temps, stock settings, it's ramping up clock rate as it's supposed to, etc.  Frame rate is decent but this FTV is horrid!  Latest BIOS, memory test solid.  Don't know where to look!

That is unexpected. Perhaps keep testing in different locations and maybe a new thread will bring input from other 7800XRD owners.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That is unexpected. Perhaps keep testing in different locations and maybe a new thread will bring input from other 7800XRD owners.

The more I read about DLSS the more I learn visual quality is a very big known issue with FG especially with earlier versions.  I think we may see this, these aberrant visuals affecting some more than others, will be addressed by NV:

Nvidia might be gearing up for DLSS 4.0. A new update for Nvidia’s Streamline pipeline includes updated files for DLSS Super Resolution and Frame Generation that bring the version to 3.7.

This is a fairly small update aimed at developers. I haven’t had a chance to try out DLSS 3.7, but like previous updates, I assume this includes some small tweaks to performance and image quality. Nvidia commits these updates pretty frequently, usually centered around reducing visual artifacts in games.

On a happier note got decent FTV in native mode this morning out of KSBA locked at 45.  I reinstalled the AMD 5 chipset driver and maybe that made a difference hard to say.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

Almost afraid to say anything 😜 but.... we now have two flights under our belt, two in a row(!), where 90% of artifacts I have been getting w/ FG are....GONE!  The strobing outside the window looking at tarmac is virtually gone and even the glass cockpit have settled down.  In a fit of trying anything I changed some settings (variable refresh, Auto_HDR) but the real solution may well have been the ORDER that I had the two displays plugged into DP on the 4090.  I had the small 1080p screen connected to the 1st port so it would boot to that display and when Windows initialized the main screen activates.  Right now flawless departure KDEN w/ native at 30 x 2 60fps and all was great.  I did see some of the strobing out the window briefly during a 90 turn while taxiing when the lighting was what it was but overall 90% improved to the point it's now useful!🤞🤞🤞🤞   

Noel

A gentle nudge to get us back on topic perhaps?? This thread is about the coming SFO from Flightbeam ...

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models