Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Fenix no trim after loading recorded file

I want to train landing in the fenix especielly flare without flying a whole pattern. I recorded a flight on short final with FSRecorder but when I use the FSR to load the aircraft to the short approach point to continue flying from the manually without replay, pitch trim needs to be set manually (according to PFD). Is there a way around this, so I can fly the plane with the save configuration to practice ths as in FSX back then?

3 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I want to train landing in the fenix especielly flare without flying a whole pattern. I recorded a flight on short final with FSRecorder but when I use the FSR to load the aircraft to the short approach point to continue flying from the manually without replay, pitch trim needs to be set manually (according to PFD). Is there a way around this, so I can fly the plane with the save configuration to practice ths as in FSX back then?

Only way I know to practice landings in the Fenix is to use https://www.fsipanel.com/

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

wow 50 dollar cost like just the fenix that bit too expensive for just landing training. No free solution out there?

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

wow 50 dollar cost like just the fenix that bit too expensive for just landing training. No free solution out there?

$29.95 for the standard edition which is all you need. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

wow 50 dollar cost like just the fenix that bit too expensive for just landing training

It's $29.95 for "just landing training" with the Standard Edition
(Not to mention basic failures and a simple TCAS scenario)

It's $49.95 for more detailed failures and other training scenarios for the PMDG 737 , Fenix A320 and the Maddog MD82, you can go for the Advanced Edition.

No freeware that performs a similar function as far as I'm aware.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just slew the aircraft back to the approach fix when you landed. It might be in some TOGA lock mode or be a bit unstable, but that's easy to fix quickly. If it's only about the flare you could just slew back to 500/1000 feet and don't care about stabilized approach criteria and do 1 landing per minute 🙂 (that's how I trained the flare after every update)

Be aware:

WARNING, FENIX A320 snapshot feature is only available on FSiPanel Advanced Edition.

16 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Just slew the aircraft back to the approach fix when you landed. It might be in some TOGA lock mode or be a bit unstable, but that's easy to fix quickly. If it's only about the flare you could just slew back to 500/1000 feet and don't care about stabilized approach criteria and do 1 landing per minute 🙂 (that's how I trained the flare after every update)

That might actually work as a compromize. I will try that. Even 30 $ are too much for a such a simple tool, this should have been implementent generally into msfs or Fenix.

That might actually work as a compromize. I will try that. Even 30 $ are too much for a such a simple tool, this should have been implementent generally into msfs or Fenix.

Been using FSiPanel for around 3 months now, mostly with my Fenix A320. And let me tell you, it's way more than just a basic tool for 30 bucks.

With FSiPanel, I've cranked up my training big time, after a grind at work, I can jump into the sim and knock out like a dozen approaches in an hour flat. Seriously, it's like a boost for my skills.

Lately, I went for the fancy $20 bucks upgrade to the Advanced edition, and it's been a game-changer for me. Those training scenarios with ATC? Pure gold. 

FSiPanel doesn't just dump you on final, nope. It sets up your whole cockpit, from the top buttons to the gear and flaps. It even sorts the MCDU and ILS stuff. All I gotta do is take the bird down for a clean landing.

Trust me, it's worth every buck. just a shame they don't offer a trial version, people will be able to try it before spending their money

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Charles737 said:

Been using FSiPanel for around 3 months now, mostly with my Fenix A320. And let me tell you, it's way more than just a basic tool for 30 bucks.

With FSiPanel, I've cranked up my training big time, after a grind at work, I can jump into the sim and knock out like a dozen approaches in an hour flat. Seriously, it's like a boost for my skills.

Lately, I went for the fancy $20 bucks upgrade to the Advanced edition, and it's been a game-changer for me. Those training scenarios with ATC? Pure gold. 

FSiPanel doesn't just dump you on final, nope. It sets up your whole cockpit, from the top buttons to the gear and flaps. It even sorts the MCDU and ILS stuff. All I gotta do is take the bird down for a clean landing.

Trust me, it's worth every buck. just a shame they don't offer a trial version, people will be able to try it before spending their money

When FSI panel first came out, I was really struggling with landing the Fenix A 320. I had never had a problem in landing any sim aircraft, or IRL landing, so I was surprised that this was happening. After trying just about everything, I bought FSipanel. I shot landing after landing using it, and got my landing down to an average of around 150 FPM rather than the controlled crashes I had been experiencing. I have also used it on the PMDG 737, but landing that had never been a problem for me. Now I am seeing landings rates of around 100 fpm with the 737. It is worth every penny if you want good, consistent landings, on the centerline and in the landing zone. 

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, Charles737 said:

Trust me, it's worth every buck.

31 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It is worth every penny if you want good, consistent landings

Hard agree with both of you. Frankly, I'm surprised it's not considered a 'must-have' by more people, nor much more widely praised.

Slew mode is a way to get your aircraft onto an approach, sure. But it's a very rough and ready method to do so.

FSiPanel sets up your FMC/MCDU, your MCP, and aeroplane configuration on multiple payware and freeware aircraft in a stabilised condition *anywhere* (downwind/short final/any waypoint on a STAR/user-defined vectors, etc.) and at any altitude you want. Make your landing, receive a detailed report, set up the next landing and go again. And that's just the Standard version.

I love the program and I'm just starting to get confident enough to make the Fenix have failures in the Advanced version, having used FSi's upgrade path.

It really is the simulator 'instructor's panel' and I cannot recommend it enough.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

Hard agree with both of you. Frankly, I'm surprised it's not considered a 'must-have' by more people, nor much more widely praised.

Slew mode is a way to get your aircraft onto an approach, sure. But it's a very rough and ready method to do so.

FSiPanel sets up your FMC/MCDU, your MCP, and aeroplane configuration on multiple payware and freeware aircraft in a stabilised condition *anywhere* (downwind/short final/any waypoint on a STAR/user-defined vectors, etc.) and at any altitude you want. Make your landing, receive a detailed report, set up the next landing and go again. And that's just the Standard version.

I love the program and I'm just starting to get confident enough to make the Fenix have failures in the Advanced version, having used FSi's upgrade path.

It really is the simulator 'instructor's panel' and I cannot recommend it enough.

A IRL 20 year airline pilot designed it, he has to know something. 😉

• Like 1

spacer.png