Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

What happened to the Q&A sessions?

I think the last time we had one (really live) was 2-3 months ago. Before FSExpo. Also I think Jörg said we would have another session “next month” on that recorded stream they hosted after FSExpo. 

Do you think they’re just waiting to have more to share about 2024 before hosting another session?

• Like 4

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

No I think it just means schools out for summer I.e. lots of holidays, downtime, people spending more time outdoors etc. I am sure they will pick up again in Autumn.

• Like 4

They are not yet prepared for the bombardment of questions about MS2024 at this current time because they know that is what most users are interested in at this point.

• Like 1

Hmmm I thought there would be one in September. Not sure where I read or heard this though.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

That wouldn't surprise me.  With the announcement of v2024, this version is now obsolete.  As such, I can't blame them if they choose not to put a whole lot more into it.  I would like to know if the new version contains anything for those of us who  use free flight and not the pre-made missions.  I spend the majority of my time doing free flight, so I would be interested to see what (if anything) will be offered there.

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

It's both amusing and predictable how people jump to conclusions about something FS2024 related - either assuming the devs want to avoid answering questions about 2024 or even stop answering questions about "old" MSFS2020 at all.

They mentioned this in one of the Dev updates in July, just taking a break while everyone is on vacation. 

"For those living in the Northern Hemisphere, we are now fully in the summer months. For many people, this is a time for vacations, relaxation, and spending time with family and friends. To our community members enjoying the summer, we wish all of you a safe and relaxing break.

Many members of the MSFS team are also taking advantage of the summer months to enjoy some holiday time. Accordingly, we will not have a Developer Livestream in July, but we are instead preparing a pre-recorded video featuring updates from some members of the dev team and a few special guests. You can watch this video during our regular Twitch Community Fly-In Friday event next week on July 21.

– MSFS Team"

https://www.flightsimulator.com/july-13th-2023-development-update/

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

5 minutes ago, pstrub said:

It's both amusing and predictable how people jump to conclusions about something FS2024 related - either assuming the devs want to avoid answering questions or even stop answering questions about MSFS2020 at all. 

They mentioned this in one of the Dev updates in July, just taking a break while everyone is on vacation. 

"For those living in the Northern Hemisphere, we are now fully in the summer months. For many people, this is a time for vacations, relaxation, and spending time with family and friends. To our community members enjoying the summer, we wish all of you a safe and relaxing break.

Many members of the MSFS team are also taking advantage of the summer months to enjoy some holiday time. Accordingly, we will not have a Developer Livestream in July, but we are instead preparing a pre-recorded video featuring updates from some members of the dev team and a few special guests. You can watch this video during our regular Twitch Community Fly-In Friday event next week on July 21.

– MSFS Team"

https://www.flightsimulator.com/july-13th-2023-development-update/

In the end of the pre-recorded stream Jörg said they would be back to their q&a schedule in the next month (august), but they were radio silence until now. 

But Jummivana just answered on the official forum they are announcing the next q&a in this week’s Dev Update.

• Like 3

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

In the end of the pre-recorded stream Jörg said they would be back to their q&a schedule in the next month (august), but they were radio silence until now. 

But Jummivana just answered on the official forum they are announcing the next q&a in this week’s Dev Update.

Thanks! For the info shared by community manager: Jummiviana

I figured it was Mid September, because that's what they estimated they would return to offices again.. for next Q&A/developing

Is there not supposed to be "a surprise" comming in September also? I hope that is not a re-release of the news about the DUNE DLC??

"Just like they did" with the Fireworks 4th. of July for the USA people

"If that happens" I'm out of hope for anything more official for "this" version of the sim until the  MSFS2024 Apha/Beta period starts... 😲 ???

Edited by Rune-ENHD
  • Like 1

But meanwhile our friend @Biology has made a MASSIVE Breakthrough with his discovery of the Athmospheric model implementation, some users on the official forum are in the process of implenting/hacking-it with a Hex-editor inside MSFS2020 already now... WOW ...It looked Spectacular!!! And realistic in many cases.

here's the thread: 😃😃🤩👍👍

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/replace-the-atmosphere-parameters-with-more-accurate-ones-from-arpc/607603/295

Congrats @Biology 😃

Edited by Rune-ENHD
  • Like 4