Sign in to follow this  
Cloudrider

TBM 900 oxygen incident

Hi All.

Wonder if anyone could advise me on a very surprising incident that happened on me in the Daher TBM900 please? It's totally confounded me.
While climbing out of FL120 a warning appeared on the screen telling me to deploy oxygen mask !! The Oxygen switch was already on and as another caution I switched the deploy oxygen mask switch to ON. The oxygen mask isn't in fact modeled from what I can tell as it did not have a click spot to activate.
Shortly after this though, the aircraft stalled even though all systems, speed and profile were as expected as far as I know. The stall was unrecoverable and ended up with passengers throwing up until dead in the sea 🤢🤮😔

Failures were not configured and the operating ceiling of the TBM is 31000ft so I'm intrigued what could have happened here if anyone could shed some light please?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Cloudrider said:

Failures were not configured and the operating ceiling of the TBM is 31000ft so I'm intrigued what could have happened here if anyone could shed some light please?

Simple. You, the pilot, suffered acute hypoxia and expired due to lack of oxygen!

That was easy, next question!!! 😎😎😎

All tongue in cheek aside I have no idea what really happened to your flght, but I thought I would take a little poetic license here.

-B

Agreed - it appears that pressurization wasn't active and the pilot "blacked out"...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

10 hours ago, trainnut said:

If the bleed system was OFF you should have had a CAS msg (bleed off) & a master warning.

That's a good point. I can't recall seeing one, hence my confusion as to why this happened. I guess I'm going to have to assume there was one and I missed it and the chain of events were set in play.

One of the last items on my pre T/O check is 

CAS..................Checked

There should be no yellow or red msgs on the CAS.

The only one you might have is  a white msg that the Inertial Seperator is open if selected open during taxi out. 

• Like 1