Sign in to follow this  
JohnDeSoto

Alaska with my favorite aircraft..

Hm. My very first try (!) to show you one of my pictures ... 😅

And now I start to sweat.. I understand that for best results we use something like Google Drive, flickr, et cetera et cetera . Until today, I don't own something like that.

But I've tried to create a link, so that you only click on it to open my picture. Let's see if this link works.

Due to hardware changes, this is a rather old picture, 7 or 8 months old, and I only begin to set up the simulator completely new. But nevertheless imho there's a certain beauty in this picture.

From EDDF to PANC nonstop with Randazzos B744

PS: Now you ask me for the location of that picture. Somewhere in Canada I'd say. Because even with my last waypoint before that picture, and the info '643.8 nm NorthWest of xyz', it wouldn't help you much. It was winter on the Northern Hemisphere, so much is for sure. So even if I tried to exactly recreate this picture, I had to set the simulator to 'winter' although I very much like the late summer temperatures here at my home airport. 😎

• Like 3

Nice shot, just to say i never used a P3D Version Simulator and never will, i use Microsoft Flightsimulators, and don't ask me why, seems my thing are only Microsoft Flightsimulators..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Very nice shot! Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures..

Edited by John F

John: Welcome to this Screenshots Forum (though I see you've been around here since a long time ...🙂 ...) And, yes, the first screenshot post here is a bit stressful...🙂 ...but you're not trying to impress anyone, as long as you are having fun and sharing bits of your experience here...that will do...

Hopefully, you'll find a way to display your pictures directly in your posts ....

BTW, nice shot, ... have flown on the LH 744 (via EDDF) many times...until they substituted this a/c with their 748s .... I recall there was one occasion when they routed me via EDDL, your hometown, for the onward long-haul flight...

I see you're flying this long-haul (LH flight) from Frankfurt to Anchorage, and hopefully, have already (and safely) arrived at your destination by now...🙂 ...having traversed the Canada of your picture...

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 8:50 PM, P_7878 said:

John: Welcome to this Screenshots Forum (though I see you've been around here since a long time ...🙂 ...) And, yes, the first screenshot post here is a bit stressful...🙂 ...but you're not trying to impress anyone, as long as you are having fun and sharing bits of your experience here...that will do...

Hopefully, you'll find a way to display your pictures directly in your posts ....

BTW, nice shot, ... have flown on the LH 744 (via EDDF) many times...until they substituted this a/c with their 748s .... I recall there was one occasion when they routed me via EDDL, your hometown, for the onward long-haul flight...

I see you're flying this long-haul (LH flight) from Frankfurt to Anchorage, and hopefully, have already (and safely) arrived at your destination by now...🙂 ...having traversed the Canada of your picture...

This screenshot forum is so very VERY fast... 6 weeks later and I had to look for my forum entry somewhere on page .. 747 .

1. Yes. When I'm fully back where I've been one year ago, with Randazzos B744 & B748 up in the air again, only driven by a slightly altered hardware, I indeed replaced an i5 by a newer i5, then I should also find a place to directly show 2 or 4 pictures within one topic.

The B748 is really worth her very own topic, and I like to say that although I only know her due to Captain Randazzo. Before I altered the hardware, I tried the 748 for a rather short flight from LPPT to EDDH, and Randazzos B748 is the reason why I altered the hardware. Again a little bit longer than the B744, the 748 is yet another dimension, required t/o run with MTOW.. 3600 meter (?!).

The 748 'passage version' does no longer fit on my home airport, with this runway requirement .. in contrast to the 744, which according to Lufthansa is up in the air within 3090 meter.

And you know my favorite a/c of all times, which is the LH-B744 with the 1997 nightblue tailfin, from inside and from the real life? That's VERY very cool. 😄 And yes, as far as I remember, LH has used my home airport with the 744, and also with the 748. [... I really try to make a long 747 story short, at least tonight]

2. Yes, I've well arrived at PANC, amongst others to find out that with a rather new airac (2017?) you need TED instead of ANC. But I've found a way to add TED 113.15 to the simulator, so that also my 747 is able to find something with this combination... To be honest, Anchorage is not originally a LH flight. But my #2 favorite a/c of all times is the DE-B763ER, so ... I took a Condor Flugdienst destination for Randazzos B744 - and I hope that I don't get a hammer on my head for that the next time when I visit my home airport to watch aviation live and in color.

😉😎

PS: I switched off the link with this rather old picture. But I assume that within the year 2023, I'll have one or two new 747 pictures.

• Like 1