Windows 10 Prof
i7 9700K 4.7GHz
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
2 x 16GB, 3000 MHz, DDR4-RAM, DIMM
Asus GTX 1070
Monitor Asus VE278 1920x1080 60Hz
Corsair RM850x *2018* (850W)
Fractal Define R6 USB-C - White Midi Tower

MSFS is running quite "fine" (except for some stutters at heavy airports with AI) locked at 30fps.

I need to change the PC-case since Fractial does not want to supply any replacement for the 2nd time broken power switch, 1st (warranty) replacement was totally smooth

If possible, I only want to change the case and GPU.

Case e.g. NZXT H7 Flow Mid Tower (alternative?)
GPU: RTX 4070 Ti 12GB  or  RX7900XT 20GB GDDR6

What are your suggestion particularly regarding my CPU etc combo?

Thanks for your suggestions/experiences

I just built a new pc with the Lian 216 case. It's a beauty. The only drawback is that it does not provide front hard drive bays. It does have front power button, usb ports and a reset button. They are all located on the side, which is fine if you don't need to change or remove drives frequently with docking stations.

Edited by flyforever
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ErnstB said:

I need to change the PC-case since Fractial does not want to supply any replacement for the 2nd time broken power switch, 1st (warranty) replacement was totally smooth

Any momentary pushbutton switch will work as a replacement power switch. Just cut the 2 wires from the broken switch and connect them to the replacement. Polarity does not matter. Just experiment with a suitable location for the new switch and save a lot of money. The power switch wires are low voltage low current so no risk is involved.

John B

8 hours ago, flyforever said:

I just built a new pc with the Lian 216 case. It's a beauty. The only drawback is that it does not provide front hard drive bays. It does have front power button, usb ports and a reset button. They are all located on the side, which is fine if you don't need to change or remove drives frequently with docking stations.

Thank you!

Looks like a good alternative with real great cooling!

6 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

Any momentary pushbutton switch will work as a replacement power switch. Just cut the 2 wires from the broken switch and connect them to the replacement. Polarity does not matter. Just experiment with a suitable location for the new switch and save a lot of money. The power switch wires are low voltage low current so no risk is involved.

If I remember right this is a 4 wire switch. But I have a closer look into that and perhaps tinker something, really saving some money.

Thank you for this tip!

I would vote for the  Lian 216 case also that's my next case I and I own a lot of cases lol the one I had in mind was also  the corsair icue 4000d rgb airflow currently have all my stuff on my fractal design meshify c.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Re GPU, if you are planning to keep the 27" 1080p monitor, I would say the RX7900 is overkill. If you were eyeing a higher res monitor then maybe it makes sense but the RTX4070TI or even the RTX4070 (cheaper but for little significant graphics performance loss) would be a better combination. This GPU would be plenty for the simming you have in mind with that monitor. The PSU is definitely capable.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

9 hours ago, ErnstB said:

If I remember right this is a 4 wire switch. But I have a closer look into that and perhaps tinker something, really saving some money.

If there are 4 wires then 2 of those wires probably go to a reset switch. The other 2 will be to the power switch.  It's easy to live without a reset switch. Many cases don't provide them any more. You just need to identify the 2 wires for the power switch. You can trace these back from the multi pin socket for front panel components, always situated at the base of the motherboard. If you have a manual that will make it even easier to identify them. The power switch operates simply by creating a momentary short circuit between the 2 power switch pins on the motherboard. If you replace the switch, make sure to use a momentary push button so it only connects while the button is pressed. Do not use an on/off switch as this could cause motherboard damage.

John B

Thank you all for your suggestions.

For the time being I followed Biggles2010 descriptions which are working, with a 230V switch.

But I've decided to build a new system with up-to-date components in a not-Fractal case.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ErnstB said:

which are working, with a 230V switch.

Jeepers, that's a bit hefty for a PC switch. 😁 

This any good...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chassis-Switch-Button-Computer-Supply/dp/B09BFWYGJB/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1Q2NZAYUQUG7U&keywords=pc%2Bon%2Boff%2Bswitch&qid=1697729640&sprefix=pc%2Bon%2Boff%2Bswitch%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-4&th=1

Edited by martin-w

Hi martin-w

Very good tip! Thank you.  I'll check with Amazon Germany. Lower postal fares.