Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

Runways in MSFS still drive me mad

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

I've had this issue in other airports.

Luckily it's only been at EIDW for me, @blueshark747 did some testing with FSLTL at EIDW and got the same results. It would be interesting to hear if the OP has the same issue at other airports as it sounds like the same problem linked to that runway that was mentioned in a previous FSLTL thread.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

@El Diablito I think that can happen in any airport if there is a change in wind. I was landing at Antalya and the wind changed when I was approaching runway 36R and the MSFS ATC changed my arrival to 18R and when I landed there was a GA plane landing on 36L and other jets behind me landing on 18R. I think I have never seen planes landing in opposite runways unless there was a recent change in wind.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi OP here. Yeah I didn’t realize there was a specific issue with EIDW. That part is a coincidence here. I seem to see this all over FS. Just a general lack of confidence that the right runway will be operating when you arrive to land. Even though all the information suggests it is. I do use the traffic remover sometimes mainly if I have a plane overtake me on approach.  By the time I can see what’s happening on the runway it’s too late to use it. 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

When I flew P3D, I used the FSUIPC traffic zapper. It worked pretty well. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Default Vanilla EIDW active runway wind direction changes work with FSLTL. The MK Studios payware has issues.

MK Studios EIDW

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

13 hours ago, Alvega said:

I think that can happen in any airport if there is a change in wind.

The issue at MK Studios EIDW happens despite the wind direction unfortunately. Planes take off on 28L and land on 10L in most conditions. It's weird.

• Like 2

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

11 hours ago, flyhalf said:

I do use the traffic remover sometimes mainly if I have a plane overtake me on approach.

Using AI Ground fixed this for me. Give it a try. No need to zap anything as it's separation profile works really well.

2 hours ago, El Diablito said:

Using AI Ground fixed this for me. Give it a try. No need to zap anything as it's separation profile works really well.

The FSLTL devs said there is no need to use AI Ground or AI Traffic anymore because something similar is now included in their injector. Unless it isn't working as it should.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

The FSLTL devs said there is no need to use AI Ground or AI Traffic anymore because something similar is now included in their injector. Unless it isn't working as it should.

We're lucky to have 2 pieces of freeware to be honest but for me it comes down to personal preference - being able to tweak all the parameters in AI Ground is the reason I've stuck with it, especially for take-off and landing rolls. For me it works better than the FSLTL update.

In relation to Flyhalf's issue - there must be some lingering issues with the ATC/Weather system within the sim that are causing these problems. Sometimes the real weather doesn't match with the runways given by the in-sim atc anyway, I found this out during some testing when I encountered the MK Studios EIDW bug. Plus, when requesting weather before descent recently in the FBW, I noticed the Metar was about 30 mins behind the latest numbers and it hadn't caught up with live weather. I've only noticed this recently. I've had to get the live Metar from the Windy app instead. Small issues for me really, not worth getting into but I'm wondering if it's all loosely related to an an ongoing issue that is causing bugs.

• Like 1