Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Positive thread & TIPS for Dx10/SP2

very good news guys!compatible 169.xxit's here:http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=downloads

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Artus407

for me everything now works perfect. Installed the .04 drivers and used the settings mentioned above. I get 15+fps in DX10 with everything maxed out out of KORD(before Acceleration it was about 6 fps). No blurries anymore and the sim looks beautiful.My system:Win Vista 64bit ultimateGeforce 8800gtsC2D 6700 oc 3,4 GhZ4 Gig RAMThanks Phil for your great work on SP2 vs. Acceleration. I love you !Carsten

Nice to see some happy fellows!:--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Artus407

Yeah David,thanks so much for this post. It really helped.So far i love FS10 SP2. ANd the graphics is stunning.All the best from germanyCarsten

Guest bigean

Hi all,seems to be the best DX10 troubleshooter post. Congrats everybody, some progress is made.I made myself a first overview. So far all positive PC's have Higher End Intel and NVidia H/W. Both Vista 32 AND 64 seem to have potential to deliver good SP2 DX10 results.Please all posters with missing H/W specs, can you add these as well? Also the ones without progress. And everyone, don't forget clock speeds of CPU, GRAM of Graphics (GRAM more important in DX10? Let's see!), and tell if using Vista 32 or 64.Forgive me, I didn't (P4 2GHz ... FS2002, out of scope ;-)Dave, you have very high fps. You also have many addons. Am I right that you switched off Autogen completly in favor of custom texture sceneries? Would it be difficult for you to show shots+fps of a more original FSX in a busy airport area? Hope you can ;-)Regards, Bigean

Hi Bigean,The very high fps come from the photoscenery textures loading improvement with the SP2.I don't get such high results in Seattle :--)But as you can see in my settings (attached pics to the original post) the autogen is not switched off at all (medium).I will post some posts for you during the week end.Regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest Surfstud31

"Possibly so. I think where I saw an error surfstud31's post was the fact that he was already running Vista (DX10) with a DX9 card. I have difficulty understanding how the Vista fonts got clearer when he said installed DX10. Vista is already DX10, but the features don't show with a DX9 card.Does SP2 contain an graphical enhancement that improves fonts in Vista? And does it improve fonts even if one is running a DX9 card? Maybe somehow it does, and I could be mistaken. Anyone care to shed some light on this to clarify the confusion?Tim H."According to ATI's website, you are right - it shows the X1650 Pro as DX9 compatible (doesn't mention DX10). Yet, when I run dxdiag I get notification that I'm running DX10. It is confusing and if someone could clear it up it'd be great. I can get the ATI HD 2600 XT for a good price and it will drop right in my system. That one IS supposed to be DX10 compatible (according to ATI).dxdiag screen:http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2vj37/sitebui...ctures/dx10.jpg

You misunderstand what that DXDiag page is telling you.The general tab just tells you what the maximum version installed is.The display tab will then let you run tests, etc.

Guest Surfstud31

>You misunderstand what that DXDiag page is telling you.>>The general tab just tells you what the maximum version>installed is.>>The display tab will then let you run tests, etc.Thanks Phil! This tech stuff gets real confusing and I just want to fly FSX in DX10. I can correct that this weekend with a new card!

Guest Vigilius

Interesting post but I have a simple, not so simple for me, question. I have on my PC a dual boot (XP home and XP pro on two different hard disk), when I try to start in SAFE mode it starts always only one XP, How can I to start the XP that I want in SAFE mode?Thanks

1) I'd love to understand why do you have a dual boot XP Pro/XP Home, it sounds so strange! :--)))))))))))))2) I hope you know that you won't be able to use Dx10 with XP, right?3) I assume that after the POST sequence, your BIOS offers you to choose which XP to load. So, immediately after your choice, hit the F8 key, that should start the choosen OS on Safe Mode.Best regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

>very good news guys!>compatible 169.xx>it's here:>http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=downloadsDavid,What does this Nhancer do and how is it use in relation to your settings above? Pardon me, but I'm new to this Nvidia stuff. I'm was a long time ATI user. Can you also advise me on the better setting for this Nhancer too? ThnxGus

I have been flight simming since the early 80's when the A/C was only a crosshair stationary in the middle of a monochrome black/green monitor, with basic graphics representing mountians/runways which move around the screen depending on keyboard inputs (up/down - left/right and two keys which controlled elevation). I truly have seen the development of FS through the ages and always have kept upgrading my equipment. I have spent many tens of thousands of dollars with FS during this time.Now with Vista, FSX and evolving technology, I am still here. I believe I spend more time now configuring and tweaking than I do flying until things settle out a bit.I rarely post but visit the site everyday. I just had to make this post because I wanted to thank you for your post and the detail in which you discribed all the settings. I have had FSX since it was released, and this post was the most helpful one to me above all the others. I can imagine a lot of time and effort was spent gathering the best settings.Again, congradulations and thanks.WilbertAbit AW9D-MaxThermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 Quadcore OC to 3.2Vista Ultimate 644x1G Ballistix Tracer (PC2 8500)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core Clock3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water CoolingEnermax temp/fan controller

Guest Vigilius

>1) I'd love to understand why do you have a dual boot XP>Pro/XP Home, it sounds so strange! :--)))))))))))))>2) I hope you know that you won't be able to use Dx10 with XP,>right?>3) I assume that after the POST sequence, your BIOS offers you>to choose which XP to load. So, immediately after your choice,>hit the F8 key, that should start the choosen OS on Safe>Mode.>>Best regards,>DavidThanks1) No strange to me; XP Pro is for my work; XP Home is for FSX only. If I have a problem with my FSX I can continue my work on the other SP :-)2) Ye, I know!3) Ok, I try this solution, but for me it's not the BIOS, but XP loader.Regards

Thanks for your kind words Wilbert.Very much appreciated :-)David

Best regards,
David Roch