Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Positive thread & TIPS for Dx10/SP2

And here is another THANK YOU post! I think I am dreaming, but I am not. I installed Acceleration yesterday and I was not happy... Fps didn't relly improve, and turning on bloom halved my fps. My favorite testing place to fly around (Bergen, Norway) gave me about 15-20 fps and with bloom on things went down to 7...Today I uninstalled my nVidia drivers, ran Driver Cleaner PE 1.5 in safe mode, installed the new drivers (169.04 beta) and I copied all your settings (differences: Negative LOD Bias: Clamp). Then I copied your ingame settings. After playing around I decided to limit fps to 30 and... I set Autogen to Extremely dense...Before Acceleration I got about 15 fps above the woods near Bergen, and that was with Lens flare and Bloom off and water at Low 2x and Autogen at Medium. Now, with Lens flare and Bloom on, water at High 2x fps and even Autogen at Extremely dense, fps refuses to go under 20 fps...! Average is about 25! I can even turn on some detailed clouds and have nice fps (when I use my default 'few simple clouds' things are even better)! If I lower autogen the fps hits the 30 fps roof all the time!I gave New York's JFK a test too with this HIGH settings (although I usually don't fly near big cities), and even there I can get a surprising plus 10 fps. All in all I seem to get an average of about 20 fps with these (imho) VERY HIGH settings!In short: I must be dreaming... And I didn't even reinstall FSX yet! I simply installed Accel on top of my old FSX install and I haven't defragged yet.Finally, at last, I am happy with what I got. So thank you, David! :)System: E6600, 8800GTX, 2 Gb Ram, Vista 32 bits (everything running at stock).P.S. BTW I do have some random stutters, so it's not completely smooth. And I seem to have more 'tearing' than before, but I get used to that. I hope future drivers will make things even better.

YeahI did all of the above and things did improve quite a bit from the previous dissapointment. Still getting much smoother performance under WinXP without the DX10.The only thing that bugs me now is that roaming bug in your signature.... :)allen

@ J Van E,Happy for you :--)!Yes I also have some stutters and other small graphics issue with current drivers.Let's hope Nvidia will wake up soon.@ Allen,She's called Hortense and she is my sweetie flea so please, don't call her "bug"!:-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Mario,Have you perhaps installed a free addon from Avsim's library called "Picnic" that can be the cause of your problem?(It's a smart tool that changes grass textures and maybe some of them are not Dx10 compatible)AFAIK, it has nothing to do with dual monitor setup.Sorry not being more helpful!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hello David ,I installed them on my WinXP Setup( using FSX there allso )but not on VistaThe other side i have Installed all that texture tweakssince the beginning , they smaller in size and .dds files.I don`t know the Autors name.........Hm........but i have an IdeaI have the Orginal first Installed texture folder saved as a backupwill try with that , on`s more , and see whats happend.....Another thing is ...i have installed DirectX Redist Nov. 2007after FSX Acceleration maybe.....Thanks anyway for response....regardsMario G

I have installed Acceleration and my frame rates I am happy to report have increased by around 30% even with bloom and water 2.I am still having jaggies on cockpit shadows and some flashing runway textures. Are these common problems that are yet to be fixed in a video driver update, or have I got something wrong in my setup?Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Hi Ron,They are known issues, nothing wrong with your setup :--)Enjoy your "new" FSX

Best regards,
David Roch

>She's called Hortense and she is my sweetie flea so please,>don't call her "bug"!Hortense, eh? Do you know how to make a Hortense?...don't pay her!Sorry, I couldn't help some juvenile humor! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I installed Acceleration and the textures seem crisper. The only problem that I am having is that I can only fly the default flight with the ultralight. when I select a different aircraft or mission my system does a CTD.Has anyone found a work-around for this? BTW, I have tired all kinds of nvidia drivers in DX9 and DX10 mode. Thanks

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

>I am still having jaggies on cockpit shadowsThis is indeed, as David said, a known issue, however it is not something that will be solved that easy, because the shadows are related to the model of the plane (or something like that). It's not something that can be fixed with a patch: if someone wants to fix this, he would have to redo the complete model of the airplane. BTW The effect of the shadows is a lot more subtle than I expected and somehow not very realistic... Maybe I have to get used to it, but right now I am missing 'it', maybe also due to the jaggies... Is there a way to make the shadow more obvious? I'd like to give that a try. Although of course the jaggies would also become more obvious...

Playing with the contrast/luminance of your monitor might help seing the shadows (and the jaggies!!:--)) better I think.

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest Vigilius

But Driver Cleaner PE 1.5 is free or pay? I have found different SW with this nameThanks

Free.You can get it here:http://soft.softoogle.com/ap/p1878.shtml

Best regards,
David Roch