Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

Heres one for the PMDG magicians

have the 700 and 800. love flying them as they are what you expect from PMDG. After the tablet arrived I thought after the great wait, they would not only fix breakfast,but also walk my dog,but I digress.... the mystery is, after I downloaded the update for both planes the tablet was installed and operating as advertised , now dont show up in either model. Have deleted and re installed but no luck..any one else see this or am I the lucky one? Any clue to find them would be great.

2 minutes ago, joe cooper said:

have the 700 and 800. love flying them as they are what you expect from PMDG. After the tablet arrived I thought after the great wait, they would not only fix breakfast,but also walk my dog,but I digress.... the mystery is, after I downloaded the update for both planes the tablet was installed and operating as advertised , now dont show up in either model. Have deleted and re installed but no luck..any one else see this or am I the lucky one? Any clue to find them would be great.

Did you turn it on in the FMC, Equipment page 16?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Have you tried to enable the tablet in the FMC after you reinstalled?

NAX669.png

After the initial download and the tablet was perched in both cabins, I thought this is what I expected you know..like FENIX and FBW. I must have not seen the instruction that the tablet must be turned on in the FMC. Thanks for the tip, maybe this will help some one else.

• Like 1

if  all  fails  you  may need  to raise  a support  ticket  at  pmdg.com

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, joe cooper said:

After the initial download and the tablet was perched in both cabins, I thought this is what I expected you know..like FENIX and FBW. I must have not seen the instruction that the tablet must be turned on in the FMC. Thanks for the tip, maybe this will help some one else.

I had the same experience. On initial startup the tablet was already there. I only found after looking at them manual that you had to enable it from the FMC.

NAX669.png

8 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I had the same experience. On initial startup the tablet was already there. I only found after looking at them manual that you had to enable it from the FMC.

yep  and  thats why  there is  a manual  for  it as well 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 hours ago, joe cooper said:

The EFB is enabled/disabled per livery. So it‘s possible you have it enabled on one livery, but it‘s disabled on another one. Therefore you have to enable it via the FMC.

• Like 2

This is all very interesting because when I installed the update the tablet was not even visible in any of my PMDG aircraft...700, 800, 900. Obviously once enabled in the FMC options it became visible and operative. I'm curious why some see the tablet but it doesn't function immediately after install of the update, while others like me didn't see it at all until enabled.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

21 minutes ago, somiller said:

This is all very interesting because when I installed the update the tablet was not even visible in any of my PMDG aircraft...700, 800, 900. Obviously once enabled in the FMC options it became visible and operative. I'm curious why some see the tablet but it doesn't function immediately after install of the update, while others like me didn't see it at all until enabled.

Perhaps using different companies in the sim which also means different default settings...  Sorry, @Fiorentoni already pointed out it is per livery.

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg