Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Through the lenses - Quest 3 vs Quest 2 vs Quest Pro

Interesting.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think Tyrial needs to re do that test. He forgot to peel the flywire off the pro lenses and there's not enough dead/stuck pixels in the quest 3

I was getting close to buying a VR Headset....this has made me re-think that decision. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

through the lens photography does not convey the overall user experience,

actually, having a Quest Pro - after Rift S, Quest 1 & 2 - the quality, especially colours, is far improved,

the SDE in normal use is quite negligible actually (yes, we all see it if that’s all you’re looking for),

the Quest Pro blows the earlier HMDs away - & now the Quest 3 is an accessible alternative…

10 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

through the lens photography does not convey the overall user experience,

actually, having a Quest Pro - after Rift S, Quest 1 & 2 - the quality, especially colours, is far improved,

the SDE in normal use is quite negligible actually (yes, we all see it if that’s all you’re looking for),

the Quest Pro blows the earlier HMDs away - & now the Quest 3 is an accessible alternative…

I have been going through my gaming library, and using the Quest 3 is kind of like encountering VR for the first time all over again.

The clarity, the colors..... (The lack of a sweaty forehead!)

It's what I always wanted, and initially expected from vr, before reality set in.

Towards the end, I was using my Quest 2 less and less, but I'm practically living in my Quest 3 right now.....

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

How does it compare to the Pixel? Cost aside, is the Pixel Crystal the better option?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

54 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

How does it compare to the Pixel? Cost aside, is the Pixel Crystal the better option?

Hopefully somebody who has tried one will come along and answer

Devons rig

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

The clarity, the colors..... (The lack of a sweaty forehead!)

& the Oculus software just works - PCVR & wireless standalone,

newbies do need to get familiar with this software to get best results…

You know what sucks?

Having a Quest 3 somewhere in my house, but having to wait till Christmas to open it like I'm a little kid.

i-want-it-now-veruca-salt.gif

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Having a Quest 3 somewhere in my house, but having to wait till Christmas to open it like I'm a little kid.

Those lenses put it over the top, for me, I think.

I never quit realized just how annoying and eventually off-putting it was having to constantly search for the sweet spot.... until I no longer had to.

And of course, there was also the sweatiness.

Quest 3 gets pretty toasty, but the way it's designed, the heat radiates from the front of the headset, and doesn't make the unit a eye-sauna.

• Like 1

Devons rig

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Those lenses put it over the top, for me, I think.

I never quit realized just how annoying and eventually off-putting it was having to constantly search for the sweet spot.... until I no longer had to.

And of course, there was also the sweatiness.

Quest 3 gets pretty toasty, but the way it's designed, the heat radiates from the front of the headset, and doesn't make the unit a eye-sauna.

Really wish there was a market for used HMDs ( thoroughly sanitized of course).

My Quest 1 and Quest 2 and several other older HMDs are collecting dust.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 11/8/2023 at 8:14 PM, KL Oo said:

Crystal is not for everyone, it's heavy, cumbersome, sometimes buggy, it has better clarity, but not edge to edge to clarity. The Quest 3/Pro really needs a strong PC to shine. My opinion is the Aero, Crystal, and Quest 3 all would be grouped as current Gen Headsets and the opinion of going from one to the other will depend on the person and usage. Also there is no VR program to really break out and show a big difference in capabilities. It's still MSFS graphics rendered in VR.

• Like 1