Sign in to follow this  
Kalnon

What happened to the Dodosim Bell 206 II?

I was doing research on P3Dv5 compatible helicopters and I found that there is, or at least was a Bell 206 II (version 2) that's P3Dv5 compatible yet on their website it is nowhere to be found to buy, or anywhere else that I can see.  I even just watched a YT video of someone flying it in P3Dv5 so I just don't understand why it seems they no longer have it for sale.

Did they pull it off the market for some reason or an I just not knowing where to buy it?

Also, does anyone know if the FSX Dodosim 206 works in P3Dv5?  I would buy it still if I know it would work in v5.

It probably went the way of the dodo.

Sorry ill show myself the way out now.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

33 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

It probably went the way of the dodo.

Sorry ill show myself the way out now.

You're probably right but I want to know what happened?  Or if the FSX version will work.

4 hours ago, jeansy said:

no the dodo wont work in 64bit, the version you might be thinking of is https://secure.simmarket.com/mp-design-studio-bell-206.phtml

I swear I did a search on the Dodosim 206 and a video comes up showing a guy flying it in P3Dv5.  The title of the video said something like "Dodosim II P3Dv5".  I also read multiple forum threads from a couple years back talking about them working on P3Dv4/P3Dv5 version.  Maybe it never got out of beta or something.

Now your going think I'm nuts because I went looking back again and now I can't find the video I saw.  I don't recall the exact search terms I used.

Yeah I know about the MP Designs 206 and I'll probably get it cause I think it's the best probably is for P3Dv5 (since there really seems to be no Dodosim Bell 206 II).  It does look pretty nice and it says in description it uses special coding to simulate certain helicopter physics that don't exist in P3D and it has good reviews.  In fact, it's the only payware level Bell 206 there is.  BTW there's no HTR profile for it specifically for it.

Right now I'm just using the default FSX Bell 206 in P3Dv5.  I have both installed so I just copied it over.  Them textures though... 😱

Edited by Kalnon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kalnon said:

I swear I did a search on the Dodosim 206 and a video comes up showing a guy flying it in P3Dv5.  The title of the video said something like "Dodosim II P3Dv5".  I also read multiple forum threads from a couple years back talking about them working on P3Dv4/P3Dv5 version.  Maybe it never got out of beta or something.

If you cross the fence and buy the MP Designs 206, please give us some feedback!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020... Cute, and superb overall functionality, although "flying" feels rather "plastic" ...

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

If you cross the fence and buy the MP Designs 206, please give us some feedback!

I certainly will for sure.  I will definitely be buying it in the near future so I will share what I find out.

I should mention, about my other helicopter thread, I did end up getting the Cera Bell 412 BTW, in fact, I just finished another flight.  I flew it up in Norway because I just bought Orbx scenery for the entire country and I wanted to go sight seeing.  Man it was fun I have to say.  I really like it a lot both with and without using the HTR cfg file.

I flew it first without the HTR profile.  Without it, this helicopter still feels pretty good for a P3D helicopter I have to say.  It does have unique characteristics (just more subtle feeling than X-Plane or DCS would) and does have that sturdy yet fairly gentle feeling of a Bell helicopter, I've flown several in all different sims and I'm a huge fan of Bell helicopters.  It's has a somewhat similar feel to a 206 but with way more power with it's two engines.

The Cera 412 is a good model, many systems work, the texture work looks really decent considering it's age so I wouldn't compare it to the AS650 and the stock flight model is decent considering P3D limitations.  The only thing I didn't like about this 412 is that the lighting doesn't work during the day as is the case with many cheaper FSX/P3D aircraft.  As I said before, t's fun to fly with or without HTR.  I'm certainly enjoying flying it over my Orbx regional scenery and TE as well as my cityscapes, etc. either way.

Flying helicopters allows me to experience all my scenery in a way that's hard to do in a fixed wing aircraft.  I feel I really get to see the scenery close up and personal.

Edited by Kalnon
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Kalnon said:

Now your going think I'm nuts because I went looking back again and now I can't find the video I saw.  I don't recall the exact search terms I used.

Yeah I know about the MP Designs 206 and I'll probably get it cause I think it's the best probably is for P3Dv5 (since there really seems to be no Dodosim Bell 206 II).  It does look pretty nice and it says in description it uses special coding to simulate certain helicopter physics that don't exist in P3D and it has good reviews.  In fact, it's the only payware level Bell 206 there is.  BTW there's no HTR profile for it specifically for it.

Right now I'm just using the default FSX Bell 206 in P3Dv5.  I have both installed so I just copied it over.  Them textures though... 😱

Dodosim ceased development and closed doors nearly 10yrs ago years before Hovercontrol folded, "Bluebottle" the developer could not devote any further time to it

They ceased their huey development nearly 15yrs ago

Im afraid what you saw if it was a few years back was 32bit or a cannibalized model using other files and gauges

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I went MP206 in v4 but it's not up to that standard and not reinstall it after I went v5, now I fly on XP12's Cowan Sim 206L3 instead.

4 hours ago, C2615 said:

I went MP206 in v4 but it's not up to that standard and not reinstall it after I went v5, now I fly on XP12's Cowan Sim 206L3 instead.

Agree, its pretty average and not worth the price. I haven't reinstalled it since removing shortly after getting it

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

😞

One day Peepar3d will have the BEST helis !  

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020... Cute, and superb overall functionality, although "flying" feels rather "plastic" ...