Sign in to follow this  
Bulva

X-Plane 12.00 vs 12.07 - any faster ?

Without watching Video and getting into all the speculating. probably a tad, but that may be due to bug fixes. No optimization done so no, i doubt it would be much at all, and Laminar pretty much said that. Maybe in 12.08 we might see some.

5-15% depending on hardware/rendering settings. Also says he thinks that 12.1.0 will bring a few more FPSes in addition to the already-announced eye candy.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

All i saw in upradex from 1070 to 2070 to 3070 was maybe 3 or 4 fps, and abilty to change settings a tad. Going yo 4070, gave me more vram usage as xplane now got 12 instead of 8 gig ram to play with, xplane itself seems far more vibrant, like i said seems.

so for my part I am back to X-Plane (since the 12.07 update) - unfortunately I made a costly trip to another, well I would say "almost" SIM 🙂 !
But I also have a new system (see below) - and I have to say I'm thrilled with XP12 again - Toliss A320neo, addon sceneries (payware airports), WT3, autoortho, VisualXP (part activated), MCE, Simheavens X_World, global forrests, various landmarks and plugins - X-ATC chatter, RC4 plugin (or Pilot2ATC in use), RealView NEXT, X-Camera etc.) -and - everything maxed out (except the rendering distance - on high and without 3d vegetation) and I almost never get the thing below 30 FPS (but I have limited the FPS to 50 FPS - otherwise the my RTX4090 works constantly around 85-90 %) and mostly I have the 50 FPS but the point is that it is super smooth (even with 30) ! as very well utilized - certainly it could be better but very satisfactory!

Edited by AUA425
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Timesavers:

• Figures are at 1:35 minutes
  • If you're on an AMD GPU: No need to watch; all shown figures are for NVidia.
Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

Timesavers:

• Figures are at 1:35 minutes
  • If you're on an AMD GPU: No need to watch; all shown figures are for NVidia.

With Zink now working, it wont be much different for AMD GPU. There is no longer that big OGL hit.

Depends on how you slice that question. I can envision the new rendergraph bringing some of those improvements. That's more CPU side, so AMD card users would technically see a benefit. 

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...